IB subjects help please?

<p>Hey everyone, I'm starting the IB program this august! I'm pretty excited but I'm scared too as I've heard people saying its really hard. But at the end of it, I intend to make it count :)
I'm having a hard time choosing my subjects though, I want to major in a business, finance field. I would also like to own a restaurant someday! I absolutely HATE physics and chem. I don't mind biology, so i'm taking it either at HL or SL. And I would like to take math at SL. And as for a language I'll be taking an ab initio one :)
So, my subject combination would look like this:
Eco HL
Bio HL/SL
Eng HL/SL
Math SL
Spanish ab initio
Business/psych HL/SL</p>

<p>So far I'm only sure about economics, math and spanish. Please help me guys! And all graduated students, any tips would be amazing :) Thanks everyone!</p>

<p>I’m an IB grad, so maybe I can help.</p>

<p>My school didn’t have IB Business or Economics but they both sound like something you should definitely try if you’re interested in the finance field. I would probably try to take these two and IB Math as higher level because these three subjects are most relevant to your field, but math is only necessary up to a certain point so take it as standard level if you aren’t comfortable enough with it. If not math, I would choose Biology or English as your third HL based on what will get you the most useful college credit because you don’t seem particularly passionate about either. English is probably more likely to get you the right elective/requirement credits; I took Biology SL and got rewarded with a biology for non-majors course that wasn’t good for anything at Texas A&M.</p>

<p>Just to be clear, my recommendation is
English HL
Spanish ab initio
Economics HL
Business HL
Biology SL
Math SL</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Business is a messed up subject, don’t take it. I would recommend-</p>

<p>Math HL/SL
Spanish ab
Economics HL
Biology SL
Psych HL
English HL/SL</p>

<p>If you’re really sure that you will be going into business or finance field, take courses that revolve around the major!!! HL Economics + HL Business. But I agree with @KnightOne‌ , business in ib is a messed up subject. I switched from HL Business to HL psychology during December of my first year. </p>

<p>The other subjects will be up to you if you’re applying to the US. (In the uk, if you want to study economics, you’ll need HL math for many of the competitive universities).
If you are not really a sciencey person, I would suggest HL English (Langlit or lit?)
Just go with the subjects you feel the most comfortable or sure you’ll do well in :)</p>

<p>Thanks @matthew061097, @KnightOne, @Marisa790 for all the advice! I’m going to ask a few uni’s to see what they think. How did the IB go for all of you guys? :)</p>

<p>Just started IB junior year 2 weeks back :D</p>

<p>It was terrible but I loved it.</p>

<p>I’m starting my final year after summer. Just work hard and you’ll be fine</p>

<p>@Marisa790‌, @matthew061097, @KnightOne‌ What subjects did you guys take, if you don’t mind me asking? :)</p>

<p>@Sanya98 I was actually expecting you to ask that question.</p>

<p>My subjects are-</p>

<p>Math HL
Economics HL
Physics HL</p>

<p>Psychology SL
French B SL
English Lang & Lit SL</p>

<p>HL Physics
HL Chemistry
HL Psychology
SL Math
SL Spanish B
SL English Lang and Lit</p>

<p>I switched from HL Business to HL Psychology in December of my first year, because I wasn’t really interested I in the subject, and I missing 1/4 of the psychology course. But I am predicted a 7.</p>

<p>I took: </p>

<p>HL Math
HL Chemistry
HL English
HL History
SL Biology
SL Spanish</p>

<p>@Marisa790 @matthew061097 What are you planning for your undergrad? Frankly, looking at your HLs, it is not clear.</p>

<p>Chemistry</p>

<p>Something with biology and math. I’m signed up for biomedical engineering at the moment and I might switch to applied mathematical sciences with an emphasis in biological sciences.</p>

<p>My school made us take HL English and History, so we only got to pick our third HL. I couldn’t decide between math and science so I decided to HL in both. I took HL Chemistry over Biology to get some help while I’m in high school and it worked because that class was harder for me; SL Biology was way too easy for me and I didn’t get as much from it because of it.</p>

<p>If I had a choice, my subjects would have looked like this:
HL Math
HL Biology
HL Chemistry
SL English
SL History
SL Spanish</p>

<p>@matthew061097‌ and @KnightOne, how was Psych and English for you guys? Like is psych a lot of information? Bottom line are they difficult or sort of easy?
@Marisa790 how was English HL for you? I’ve heard its the hardest after math… I’m thinking of dropping it down to SL if I find the workload too much…</p>

<p>Sorry for asking a lot of questions! I just want to feel confident that I have the right subjects :slight_smile: </p>

<p>History HL and Chemistry HL were the only classes that felt like work to me.</p>

<p>Math HL was probably my least painful with the exception of the mock exams at the very end.</p>

<p>Psych is undoubtedly the most interesting subject of my six so far. As of difficulty, i am in no position to answer as I am only 2 weeks into the course. Don’t ever take English Lit. Eng L&L is a very good subject. English HL is no way tough i have heard. In terms of diificulty I guess the list goes like- Math, Physics, Biology, History.</p>