Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Cornell’s waitlist definitely had some movement last year - I don’t remember which colleges exactly though. However, Cornell refused to invite new students to a new student event in Chicago until June after they felt most of the offers/acceptances were complete. So hang in there.

4 Likes

Did anyone get into Cornell Hotel School.

1 Like

Try here…

Did you get in?

Does anyone know when Cornell will send out the financial aid award letter? We’re trying to decide between Cornell and Duke. Duke gave us a nice grant. Waiting to hear from Cornell FA. We’ll commit soon after that.

1 Like

My kiddo didn’t apply SHA, but if you click that link, it takes you to those that did. They might have the information you seek.

Actually, not sure lol. It says grant and that’s all we see.

1 Like

Interesting, your child’s results are similar to my daughter’s experience. She was rejected from some highly selective private schools, although she got into the higher ranked CS programs at some public universities. She is heading to UIUC. We couldn’t afford the ED gamble for these private schools. It does feel like a flawed system and has a pay to play feel to it.

3 Likes

Rejected- but happy- going to Duke

2 Likes

Congrats to your daughter, UIUC’s CS is really a top program!
We are CA residents and in the past few years since UC’s stopped using standard testing scores, we have heard many stories of students not getting admitted by UC’s but get in elite private colleges. So this year, to cover the bases, son not only applied to all 9 UC campuses, 6 Cal State system colleges, 4 out-of-state public colleges, plus in the hindsight too many public colleges. Public colleges were nice to him, 2 waitlists and 17 acceptances! My friends are wondering maybe the test-blind UC’s and CSU’s have gotten their systems right again:)

1 Like

Are waitlisted students allowed to attend the admitted student days?

Unfortunately, no, not formally. You can visit the school at any time, obviously, but in order to be in the admitted student sessions (to register), you need to have been admitted.

Their waitlist is long so there’s no way to accommodate students who (most likely), will not be admitted.

2 Likes

Cornell will match Duke’s FA if it turns out to be larger than their initial calculation, fyi.

1 Like

Is there anything we can do to get off the waitlist? send letter of Continued interest?

2 Likes

I think they list on the waitlist letter what they want. It’s different for each college within Cornell. We have heard that nothing will be done until after May 2nd, so planning to commit elsewhere as the wl doesn’t seem to move much at CALS. Good luck to you!!

FYI: Registration for Cornell Days (admitted students and families) has already opened. The website said registration would start tomorrow morning (4/3), but it’s open now. It seems even students accepted ED can go if they want because S23 has the option to register.

2 Likes

For anyone with the Transfer Option for Fall 2024. There already is a FB group, insta page already (That was fast).

1 Like

May I have the url?

Request to join.

1 Like