Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks , is that for parents or students?

Probably both.

Any word on the FA award yet? I tried calling their FA office today and they were closed. I still see “inquiry access denied” in the Aid Decision page.

haven’t gotten mine yet. Cornell has been known to be slow with it. what time did you try and contact them?

looked up their hours, they are never open on Mondays (phone and office). here’s their hours according to the website:

Thank you. I’ll try again tomorrow. We read somewhere that they’ll match the FA offer from other Ivy’s and also from Stanford, Duke and MIT. If they match Duke’s offer (or offer better than that :grinning:), then we’re in. We think Cornell is a better fit for our daughter than Duke. She thinks so too.

2 Likes

Yeah saw they did that while reading up on finaid, unfortunately I didn’t apply to any of the schools they match so I’m hoping they are generous :face_holding_back_tears:

I got an email with missing information yesterday from the financial aid office, so I think they might still be working on it?

2 Likes

I got the email too and I was waitlisted lol

1 Like

Congrats to your son! He has many great choices!

2 Likes

After clicking a box to indicate interest to remain on waitlist, is there any writings that needs to be sent to Cornell admissions?

A letter of continued interest. Let them know of anything you have accomplished since applying and why Cornell is still your first choice. Cornell admissions website has a blog on this topic for the weight listed students. Good luck.

when should we send our LOCI in by?

COE has instructions on their website for wait-list candidates:
https://www.engineering.cornell.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/wait-list-information

3 Likes

has anyone gotten their financial aid letter?

Does calling/indicating to financial aid office that you don’t need financial aid help in getting off the waitlist?

1 Like

This is very useful, thanks. Does anyone have past experience on how each college manages the waitlists? Are the admissions offered on a rolling basis? I see general acceptance rate for waitlists, but I suspect it varies by college? thanks

2 Likes

No, they already know that through your original application.

Was there a place in the original app indicating that you need financial aid? I believe we had only filled out FAFSA forms.

Does any Cornell waitlist action happen in April or is it usually after May 1st?