Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter received the TO as well from CALS (Agricultural Science). Not sure how we feel about it! She’s committing to University of Michigan LSA Honors.

2 Likes

When is “admitted students day” at Cornell? Thanks.

Maize and blue for the win!! :blue_heart::yellow_heart:
Congratulations!!

1 Like

That’s a great school. My D23 is deciding between the SUNYs. Since we are instate I guess Cornell tuition is $21k less which is something to consider.

1 Like

Go Blue!

1 Like

anyone know how likely it is to be pulled off the waitlist for CoE? couldn’t find any specific numbers

2 Likes

is it possible to get off the waitlist for CAS? really anxious abt it.

anyone’s financial aid came out?

1 Like

I think it’s anyone’s guess at this point. Cornell most likely won’t know until after May 2nd once everyone commits to a school. We are going to stay on the waitlist but will be realistic and begin to fall in love with the school that accepted our kid. Hanging on to the hope of a waitlist in this kind of admission environment, isn’t healthy. Gotta love who loves you back when it comes to college decisions in 2023. Best of luck to you wherever you land.

4 Likes

Is the waitlist by College or by the University? What are the odds of getting off WL for CS? Can you ask the AO for consideration for a different major as part of the WL or is it too late?

The waitlist is by the College to which you applied. Each has their own timeline and requirements that should have been mentioned in your waitlist letter. Not sure about consideration for another major. I would definitely reach out with that question.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the same saying that you need to love the college that loves you back. Perhaps you wrote that in the past on one of these pages and I’ve been using it since I originally read it. Thanks. My son is struggling with several waitlists.

1 Like

My DS got into CoE. But I could not find out any Financial Aid info from his portal at all? Wiered!!!

Thanks Mamabear03. You are right! from the website:

You are being offered a place on Cornell’s wait list… …If spaces still remain as we approach and after the May 1 reply date, we may be able to extend an offer of admission to you.

…Cornell’s wait list is managed college by college…

2 Likes

There’s 4 accepted student dates : April 22, April 23, April 29, and April 30. I don’t think registration opened yet.

1 Like

I try to only provide accurate info :wink:

1 Like

open next monday

College of Art and Science? Or College of Engineering?

2 Likes

thank you!

Cornell does not admit by major; only by College.

1 Like