Cornell Meal Plans

<p>haha you're lucky thephilosopher...but unfortunately that puts me in a bad position, as I have to compete with you for the handful of spots in HumanEc PAM. I'm just curious, what kind of stats do you have that Admissions told you you're pretty much in? Feel free to brag as much as you like lol, I'm just curious what kind of thing makes admissions ooh and ahh :)</p>

<p>Ha I'll let you know if you want to message in private.</p>

<p>I'm going to get the 10 meal/week plan. I'm going to eat Pizza for lunch, and Burgers/Fries for dinner everyday of the week. </p>

<p>mmmmm....pizza</p>

<p>^^sounds good to me</p>

<p>"variety is the spice of life"</p>

<p>I'm going to have something different every meal (for my first semester anyway).</p>

<p>I'm glad I sparked such a philosophical thread.. ha</p>

<p>lol zakaqel... best of luck to your heart and arteries in ten years</p>

<p>"variety is the spice of life"</p>

<p>You are right-somewhat right. </p>

<p>That's why, I've decided to get a 14 meal/week plan. I will have blueberry-pancakes for breakfast, Pizza for lunch and Burger(s)/fries for dinner. I'll try to add "variety" by having Jello for dessert; everyday will be a different flavour of jello.</p>

<p>"best of luck to your heart and arteries in ten years"</p>

<p>Well, looking at the size of the Campus, I guess that won't be a problem. I'll burn all the fat off...easily.</p>

<p>
[quote]
best of luck to your heart and arteries in ten years

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Please. I'm all for eating healthy and all, and I'm a huge Michael Pollan fan, but college is a time to live a little. You should be chowing down on Hot Truck, Cornell Dairy, and the finest popcorn of Chapter House (with choice beverages of course), especially when you are in college running all over the place and your brain needs to be consuming vast amounts of carbohydrates to think.</p>

<p>You will have the rest of your life to be high strung about your eating habits. You will only have a couple of years to enjoy a delicious WGC (with truck sauce!) at 3AM among friends.</p>

<p>boo hot truck, yay louie's! ;)</p>

<p>nothing can compare to the maven chicken cheese fries.</p>

<p>If anybody wants to overnight me a CSC or WGC...get in touch</p>

<p>hahahaha :-)</p>

<p>I got 14 meals per week this semester but I never eat nearly that many. 10 will probably be sufficient for next semester.</p>

<p>I eat relatively healthily. any place with a salad bar and making your own sandwiches is good with me. and I do eat at Okenshields sometimes even though the selection there is quite sparse compared to North.</p>

<p>So I realize I am dating myself, but does anybody on here remember the old Okenshields? Made to order salads and stir fry? A short order station with the most delicious grilled cheese and tomato ever known to mankind? The most haphazard layout with deep dark corners where people used to mull around and chat for hours?</p>

<p>Oakies didn't have the food stations you described...but there are still plenty of dark corners to mull around in for hours :-)</p>

<p>I think Ivy Room has the most fantastic grilled cheese and tomato....I haven't been able to replicate it's deliciousness.</p>

<p>I'm sorry, but at the Ivy Room I am all for the Dijon Burger with Curly Fries and Honey Mustard. </p>

<p>I think they got rid of most of the good parts of Oakies in the Fall of 2004. So now I'm really showing my age.</p>

<p>oh man...the Dijon Burger = heaven....also, the curly fries with cheese</p>

<p>oy...it's a miracle I'm not morbidly obese!</p>

<p>i suggest the golden meal plan. that's what i'm on.
usually people with lower meal plans need to plan their meals, (when to eat in the dining hall and when not to ) starting tuesday.
but with the golden bear option, you can just go to a dining hall grab a banana and get a drink of water. there is no pressure. you can eat a lot or you can eat little.
it really gives you more freedom and you can worry less about what to eat and focus on other things. i didn't believe in the meal plan in the beginning of the semester, but it's soooo much better now.</p>

<p>personally, i have 14 meals/wk and that's way too much. </p>

<p>it depends on your schedule and if you'll have time to grab lunch or not at an all-you-can-eat dining hall. usually, most of my days are spent in the ag quad so i either eat at trillium (uses BRBs) or manndible (uses real money) so i waste a lot of my meals.</p>