Cornell RD Class of 2025

I know it’s easier said than done but stay encouraged. Your personalized path is awaiting your discovery. You were simply too special for the other schools. Good luck. Xoxo

6 Likes

I am in a similar boat. This didn’t go how I thought it would. I have a couple of safties but have been rejected a lot.

2 Likes

Does Cornell do guaranteed transfer for out of state students or just in state??

1 Like

Both in state and oos.

2 Likes

Do u know the likelihood of oos being offered guaranteed transfer?? Seems like a better option coming from oos tbh

1 Like

I’m sorry I don’t know the breakdown between OOS and in state.

1 Like

Yes but not all colleges at Cornell have the guaranteed transfer option.

1 Like

If you’re waitlisted, can you ask to be considered for the guaranteed transfer program (if your college does it) or is it something that’s just given to you automatically.

2 Likes

i think it’s given right away (instead of rejection/acceptance/waitlist) and then some people that were waitlisted will also get it.

1 Like

does anyone know odds of getting fysa for human ecology?

1 Like

also applied to human ec, what is fysa??

Similar to guaranteed transfer, only certain colleges offer FYSE. I’m not sure offhand if Human Ecology is one of them. I just know that COE does not have guaranteed transfer or FYSE.

It’s given with your letter. It’ll say sorry we can’t accept you… and then further down the letter it says guaranteed transfer. Make sure you thoroughly read the letter because my sisters friend thought he got rejected and didn’t fully read, and found out a week later he had actually gotten the transfer option

first year spring admit - you start in the spring instead of the Fall freshman year. I have a friend who’s son did this and it was not an easy transition. Most freshmen are already in their social groups and you just get thrown into some random dorm room with a random roommate without any true matching. Her son was put somewhere and then switched again. I can’t remember if the roommate changed or he did because there was some sort of flooding in the dorm or something like that.

As for transfer option, that too can be hard socially. I know for girls in my daughter’s sorority who had guaranteed transfer and came from other schools into her sorority, they didn’t quite fit in. One already left at mid-semester and is remaining at home. Not sure she is going to be coming back in the fall, or if she does where she will fit in with the sorority as that is not a match at all.

1 Like

after we log in portal, there is a 9-digit reference number.
I recall one time I poked around, I found another ID “APP21-”, followed by a 7 digit number.
I forgot which page I saw that but what’s this number for?

I see 9 digit reference number on the portal but all are numeric only. I also don’t see the name of the applicant.

Thought they always had the 9-digit reference number after the application checklist appeared

I did FYSA and now I kinda regret it after reading your message because you do have a good point. Do you know how much kids actually receive it?

What major? I found that your major takes a big role on the admissions. My son also got rejected to many schools. Computer Science. And if you are boy it is tougher.

No idea. The other thing which is difficult, not sure if it is important to people or not, but FYSA are not allowed to go through Greek Rush in the Spring. They have to wait until the next fall and go through informal rush or the following spring and go through formal rush.