Cornell RD Class of 2025

That makes so much sense.

1 Like

Yep that’s right that was Red cloud button , this time is Blue cloud button interface was little different when you start the chat. Now it’s gone lol

it’s a live chat button. literally nothing to worry about.

wait what steps

Don’t worry probably don’t mean anything

1 Like

As an international student applicant, have you been accepted in any of those you applied and where?

If you get accepted to Cornell CAS, and you want to major in CS, it is not guaranteed to get that major, correct? You have to get approval from the CS Department, correct?
Meaning there’s a possibility that you don’t land on that major.

My son got the direct admission to UC San Diego CS under School of Engineering, so it is guaranteed to major CS. But I am not sure about Cornell CAS.

it doesnt look that hard https://www.cs.cornell.edu/undergrad/uadmis/becoming-cs-major
it looks easier than berkeley’s L&S CS reqs

Thanks for the info. I am gonna read it. Thanks!!

This is correct, but as someone else said it’s not that hard. You need to have a certain GPA and minimum grades in certain courses as well as have completed certain courses before you can apply to affiliate as a Computer Science major. Unless you’re affiliated you can’t take certain courses. You can find all the requirements on the Computer Science website. You can also ask about certain courses on Reddit as some students need to take some over before they can apply for affiliation if I recall.

Knowing that CS major was extremely hard to get in this year, and my son got many rejections along the way. I was expecting that CS in Cornell is no exceptions, and be severely impacted.

If it is not impacted and rather easier to go from CAS, I believe they will reject tons of CS applicants initially.

My son was perfectly OK to go to Community College if he did not get accepted to any schools, as long as he can study CS. Now, at least he has a college to fall back, so that’s ok if he gets rejected. And that is what is expected.

Cornell is a long reach school, and their CS is the best among Ivies. He did not apply anywhere except Cornell.

1 Like

Thanks!!

yes, I was accepted at actually many schools and I am really grateful for that.
Accepted: UC Davis, UCSD, UC Berkeley, Northeastern (EA + scholarship), Boston University, George Washington University (Honors + scholarship).
Waitlisted: UCLA, University of Michigan, Scripps College, UCSB
Rejected: Northwestern, Duke (ED), USC

2 Likes

Wow awesome :ok_hand:. Good luck in whatever college you choose! :slightly_smiling_face:

thank you! what about you?

Nope. :disappointed:
I went test-optional and require full aid.

I recently got a big achievement : A mathematical research paper of mine has been published on 22nd March, which was solely written by me myself. But 22-Mar was already late and most, if not all, colleges may have made their decisions by then.

Well, here are my decisions :

• Rejected : MIT, Franklin and Marshall, Macalester, Colgate
  • Waitlisted : U- Richmond, Reed

ok so everyone has the button then

Cornell just mandated the vaccine for students for next fall. So excited and hapy!! This is what will help them open safely as they won’t open fully without herd immunity. Current vaccinated students have to register with the University. So grateful my daughter’s friend group is vaccinated. Watch for the other Ivies to follow this.

4 Likes

If you are still talking about the chat with us button, we never had it, but I do not think it means anything. My son also applied ED and was postponed so it’s possible it was only there for RD students.

Cornell doesn’t accept by major, but rather by school.
Sure you can select a major when you apply, but it’s still the case.

https://www.cs.cornell.edu/undergrad/uadmis/becoming-cs-major

Seems if you are working towards the core-requirements and get passable
grades you should have no issues declaring CS major.