Cornell waitlist 2027

I didn’t! Since I wanted to ask about the overall process, I called Cornell Admissions. Maybe I should try CoE also?

Hi there! Sorry to bother you, but are you an international student? I was just wondering if internationals have a separate process of some kind

I’m not!

Tried calling CoE and they transferred to Cornell general admissions. And they said the same thing about the admits coming over in the next 2 weeks and may extend to June possibly.

2 Likes

COE can be different, especially when it comes to CS. I see a lot of students are off the waiting list from other colleges/major. But I do not see CS off though.

1 Like

Anybody notice any trends in the majors/states admitted for CAS from the waitlist?
There have been a few bio people off CoE, but any bio applicants for CAS?

I agree it must be very different for CS applicants at the CoE. I haven’t heard anything about applicants getting off the waitlist for CS, which is interesting.

2 Likes

me too,but still hopeful.

1 Like

Just for reference, my son who got admitted to CAS on Tuesday is biology from Minnesota. He has 5 days after FA is received to give them a response.

2 Likes

Congrats!!

Yes, there have been!

1 Like

One more data point for this group, grateful for the real time info this community has provided. Received the continuing interest email on 4/28, and received admittance yesterday. CS major in CAS (that’s correct, not COE). We live in NY.

3 Likes

It seems most of the CAS admits are in the science fields? Does not look promising for my son then who is an intended film studies major

Called CAS admissions and I really asked some pointed questions.

I asked how many got off the waitlist for CAS She said about 100. She mentioned that they have closed for other waitlisted to provide anymore updates and cannot say when the next wave wiil be.

I asked how many kids that got off had applied for Econ- She said we do not look at the major of the kids- Not sure if that is accurate as there has be some criteria.

2 Likes

do they ask your application ID ?

No they don"t

Thanks for sharing, it seems there might be little chance for CAS if admitted waitlist applicants turn down their offers.

1 Like

I just called COE admissions. They said that they wont know if they will make any more waitlist offers till next week. So I guess, if those given offers this week decline them, they may make more offers.

1 Like

Anyone have any update on dyson?

I’m surprised it seemed like they made less than 20 decisions… Well this isn’t promising, but that’s expected