Cornell waitlist 2027

Does anyone have any information on the status of Brown’s waitlist?

1 Like

Anyone has any ideas of how long it takes for the Financial Aid office to give out FA letter?

We got off the waitlist on May 2, received an email regarding missing FA documents on May 3, and turned them in early morning of May 4. So far we have heard nothing.

We received acceptence same day as you, already had all documents submitted, and have also not heard anything.

1 Like

Anybody heard from CALS? My brain really hurts, and I just can’t wait to get off the WL!

1 Like

I saw two people in this group off the WL of CALS last week. There were one or two persons in the other forum off too. CALS was definitely moving last week. I am not sure what will happen this week. Good luck.

1 Like

Does anyone think there will be a fair amount of movement for CAS this week or are they basically finished with the waitlist?

My son got off waitlist May 2, got an email with FA on May 4. Just accepted the offer today.
You can call FA. They are really nice. When my older son went to Cornell, I called many times. Just make sure to have the Cornell ID ready to give them.

1 Like

I just called Cornell to reinforce my interest and thank the admissions officers for their help through this process! The man was extremely friendly and reassured me this would contribute to my application and that they would review everything. I identified myself, but I wasn’t given information on my application. If you are scared to call, don’t be !!

3 Likes

CALS or CAS? Or did you call general admissions?

General admissions! I wanted to call CoE, but they usually redirect you to general admissions.

2 Likes

Thanks. We called and were told to upload “anything of value” to the portal. They didn’t ask for a name.

2 Likes

Wait he told you specifically the call would contribute to your decision? Did you share any details about your application or just general interest?
Thanks.

During our call, he mentioned that my enthusiasm would contribute to my application for Cornell. I informed him that I had already uploaded all necessary documents and expressed confidence that I would be a suitable candidate. No new information was shared.

Did anyone get off the waitlist for CAS today?

Have you received your financial aid package yet? We haven’t and we received the email of admittance last Tuesday

CAS usually sends an email before they send an offer. Historically they have come out on Fridays and Mondays but I haven’t seen anyone getting emails since the 4/28 batch. I’m sure they are waiting for the responses from last week before they send more emails.

1 Like

I got that email on 4/28 but it feels kind of weird the way they’re doing things this year.

1 Like

I agree. There was definitely more of a pattern the last few years.

1 Like

Could someone explain what officially accepting an offer of admission constitutes? I was accepted off the waitlist to CAS on 5/2 and they stated that I don’t have to enroll until I get FA. However they have an enrollment response form that asks whether you accept the admission offer. Is this form part of enrolling that should only be done when ready to commit or should I be completing it prior?

I see then, thank you again I hope its
not too late to call!