Couple questions about the honors college tour

I was just emailed my schedule for an honors college tour at UA, and I had a couple questions.
First, is this a private tour? It looks like it is, but I feel like a private campus tour is unheard of for a college to do.
Also, it says that there is an “honors college information session,” at 2:00, but I have the Blount Scholars Interview that day, and registration is from 2:30-3:00, there’s no way that I would make it. If it were a large group tour, I would just skip the info session, but if it’s just me than how could I skip it? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks in advance!

I believe our info session was in a classroom with about 20 people. Call the contact person on your letter to check about the conflicts, there may be a different time that you can attend since obviously the interview is the most important part of your day.

Here’s the way our tour went: We did the general tour, which is just a bus where the tour guide tells you about various buildings and you take a tour of several buildings (rec center and a dorm).

Then we had an honors information session. This was just a half hour of information about the honors college programs. Not private. Then you had the private portions. Walk to the dining hall with an honors college student, followed by lunch with an honors college student (not necessarily the same honors student). You can ask a bunch of questions during this portion. You can basically consider this portion a private tour. The final part was a session with an honors college teacher with only 4 kids, where they asked you questions about what you want out of college and how the Honors college can facilitate that.

Sounds like your info session is the equivalent to the 30 minute session right after the bus tour. I’d say this is pretty skippable. The best parts of the tour were the lunch and the session afterward.