Courses

<p>Is it a big deal if I can't attend orientation? </p>

<p>Also, what classes will I be taking 1st semester of my freshmen year if I come i with chemistry, BC Calc, and computer science credits (and possible english as well). I am looking to major in CS. Thanks!</p>

<p>Yes, you should attend Orientation. You will meet with your Adviser, receive an overview of what classes are required, and finalize your classes for the Fall Semester. If you skip Orientation, you are taking a chance that you will be one of the last to register and your options could be very limited. You could miss a pre-requisite for a second semester or sophomore year course and not be able to graduate on time. Orientation covers a lot of topics - not just course registration. Are you aware that part of the $400 deposit that you paid covers the cost of Freshman Orientation? </p>

<p>@GradandMom‌ It is not that I am not willing to attend. It is just that I am probably going to be out of the country in July. Do you know what courses I will be alloted if I have AP credits for eng, calc, chem, and cs? I am going to major in CS.</p>

<p>Are you sure all your AP credits will be accepted? Have your received confirmation from Tech? You should expect to be taking 1000 level engineering classes, math classes (may be 2000 level if you test out of calculus), and some general education classes. </p>

<p>@GradandMom‌ I checked their policies on their website.</p>

<p>Search “graduation checklist” on the VT site. Then find your major to see the year by year courses you will need. Based on your AP scores, you should be able to determine what classes are already “covered”, etc.</p>