Culverhouse Internship Placement?

After taking my tour of U of Alabama, I really liked the business school, much so more than the engineering school that I initially applied for( I’m thinking I want to major in Economics/Finance anyway). I asked the recruiter if UA had good internship placement in the Northeast, and she said they did but I couldn’t find any information to support that. I love the price that Alabama offers for a solid education, but if I can’t return to the Northeast with a job, I feel it’s not worth it.

On a seperate note, The engineering school offered my a $2500 a year scholarship (34 ACT 4.0 GPA). Does Culverhouse have a similar stats based scholarship program beyond the school wide Presidential Scholarship I was offered? Also, when are Alumni Scholarships selected? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Culverhouse does not have anything like the $2500 scholarship for Engineering. There may be some departmental scholarships available. My daughter is in the business school (an econ/finance/math major) and if UA has internship placement, she has not experienced it. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t find an internship or a job in the northeast - you just might have to work harder for it.

I think the word “placement” is very misleading. I see it used a lot by high school kids and some parents.

Schools do not “place” students in med schools, or grad schools, or jobs, or internships, or co-ops. The word placement suggests that schools are virtually assigning students into these.

Students have to have good stats, apply, interview well, etc.

That said, there certainly are Bama students doing internships all over the US, including the NE.

Just remember warriorsmike, you may be sold on returning to the Northeast now, but that could change once you go to Bama. We reside in Virginia. My Bama grad son is at UVA Law. It has always been his desire to work in the DC area following graduation. My UAH son, however, would love to remain in the Huntsville area because of the job opportunities there. And he’s not an engineering major, either. He has majors in econ and finance and a minor in math.

@momreads Does your UVA Law son want to get into politics , is that the reason he wants to move to DC? I saw he is president of the law school student body, right? Most politicians seem to have Juris Doctorates.

Lots of lawyer jobs in DC in government and corporate headquarters and offices, as well as lobbying firms and NGOs.

Thanks for the responses! Right now I think I’m leaning towards investment banking or wealth management but that can certainly change as I progress through college

CyclonesGrad: We live in Virginia. My son is interested in politics, but he also likes the law. Eventually, I think he will return to school for a PhD so he can teach at a law school.

@momreads you don’t need a Phd to teach in law school, just a JD.

Ditto what itsgettingreal said. I think only one of my law school profs had a PhD, and it was in a STEM field.