Culverhouse or College of Communications? Internships/Job Offers

Interested in getting feedback from current students, recent grads or parents on experiences with finding internships and jobs post grad with PR or advertising majors/degrees from the Communications School vs. Marketing major/degree from Culvershouse. Is one school more respected than the other with employers? Did UA help locate internships while attending, were they local or throughout the country? Paid or Unpaid? Were you happy with the breadth of companies and opportunities presented at UA job fairs?

Thank you!

@Meant2B, I just posted in a couple of UA Facebook parent groups asking folks still on CC to come answer your question. I think @malanai may be able to help. His son may have actually double-majored with one major in Communications and the other in Culverhouse. Stay tuned.

@LucieTheLakie That’s awesome, thank you so much for reaching out beyond this forum. This really is the most active community on CC! :slight_smile: Have a great holiday weekend!

Unfortunately, it’s not NEARLY as active as it was before the Facebook groups were formed. If your student is seriously considering UA, you might want to request permission to join one or both of the general parent groups.

Search for “The University of Alabama Parent Group” and “The University of Alabama Parents” if you’re on Facebook.

I do not have a student or grad of either school, but my Bama grad son has a friend who is working in PR in Chicago. She has a background in communications from Bama. I also have a friend whose son graduated from Bama with degrees in finance and economics who got a wonderful internship with a large bank. They offered him his present job before he completed his masters degree. Another one of my son’s friends graduated from Culverhouse and landed a very nice position with a Birmingham bank. Again, she had served as an intern there.

I sent this to @Meant2B privately, but for future readers, this old thread includes a recruiting video that was made featuring the son of a former longtime CC’er, which I think addresses some of these questions. I know it really had an impact on me when we were considering UA for our son: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1634819-new-recruiting-video.html

BTW, that now-Bama-alum just directed a commercial for Corona Beer!

Roll Tide! :slight_smile:

@momreads thank you!
And thank you too @LucieTheLakie!