Current student

CC is an awesome resource, feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I graduated SOM in three years last week, will be doing the fast track MBA for my fourth year. Heavily involved on campus and in greek life, and can answer most questions about the non-SOM schools through experience.

Thanks for the offer! How prominent is Greek life, specifically sororities?

If you’re interested in having an active social life, Greek Life is definitely the best option. The nightlife is essentially fraternity parties and bars, and the parties are not easy to get into if you are not part of the organizations involved. I would definitely say once you are in Greek Life, it seems as if everyone is. Very close-knit circle, and a really great resource for classes, job opportunities, sports, excursions/activities, etc. There are only 9 sororities (7 recognized by the school, two underground), but they boast about 250 members each, so rather large (aside from the underground ones, which are more like 75 per). There are about 25 fraternities, not sure about the exact number. Some frats are very small (around 30), and the largest is about 120. All in all, I would say definitely rush and if it is not for you then so be it. The organizations are all very different, so its easy to find one where you’d fit in.