Sororities

I’m interested in joining a sorority this fall. I’m a junior transfer so I think I’m eligible to rush. Does anyone have any info on the different types of sororities on campus? What kinds of girls get into which sororities? What’s the process to rush for a sorority? What is each one known for? Any info is appreciated!

Greek life is not huge at bing but there are a number of on campus sororities. They are Alpha Epislon Phi, Sigma Tau Delta, Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Sigma Sigma and Phi Mu. There is also a jewish oriented sorority called SAEPi. I’m not sure if all the sororities are taking new members in the fall but many will. The only advice I can give you is to go in with an open mind. Also there have been issues with hazing in the past. Not all groups haze but some still do unfortunately.

There are also 2 off campus sororities. They used to be alphi phi and AZD and they were kicked off campus after their members were caught hazing. I would strongly recommend against joining. All they do is party and haze each other. And the hazing is pretty brutal. They aren’t worth anyone’s time tbh.

I would say Greek life is pretty big at Bing depending on who you hang out with and tbh all the parties hosted downtown are frat parties and this is every weekend. There are more sororities you can probably look them up on Bing’s greek life page or facebook