Currently a California Community College Student--should I transfer to Texas A&M's Engineering?

I am currently at a California Community College studying Electrical Engineering and can’t wait to get out of overpriced California and move to Texas! Trouble is, if attend a mid-tier UC, there’s no chance I’ll get jobs in Texas, because companies recruit locally. So my only hope is attending a Texas university for graduate school.

But now I’m scared I won’t even get into a Texas university for graduate school! So I’m considering applying to transfer for upper-division.

Are there any California Community College students who transferred to A&M (in particular for engineering) out there?
Did anyone even apply? Is it hard to get into Texas A&M as a Californian? Do they accept IGETC? Did you have to make up alot of lower-division classes, or did they accept most classes that a UC would accept? I heard that if you get a A&M scholarship of at least $1000, you can apply to waive out-of-state-fees; how hard is that?

Furthermore, is it harder to apply to Texas A&M’s engineering as a transfer student from community college or apply to their engineering program for graduate school after attending a mid-tier UC, say UC Davis.

Just answer the questions. Please don’t tell me how much I’ll hate Texas and miss California. As a Republican, Southern Baptist, Ted Cruz supporter, and lover of cheap, sprawling suburbs, humid heat, hurricanes, and mosquitoes, I know I’ll love it, because I’m a staid, good ol’ boy, not a hipster.

@HoustonOrBust - Please see my response to your other post. (You do know that TAMU is in College Station, not Houston, right?)

College Station is only an hour away from Houston.

Your last paragraph totally cracks me up! :)) Those are all the reasons we want to LEAVE Texas. But to address your issue.

How much CC do you have under your belt? What is your GPA and can you afford the OOS tuition?

My GPA is a 3.7. By the time I transfer, I will have completed Calc 1, 2, 3 and LInear Algebra, Physics (Mechanics) and Electromagnetics, all my general education (for CA), Circuit Analysis, and Digital Logic Design.

I probably could afford the OOS, but I hope I will get a scholarship of at least $1000 and qualify to get the OOS tuition waiver.

Not having a super-high GPA, I don’t think I’ll be able to get the scholarship. But how hard is it to apply to A&M’s engineering grad school? Alot harder than applying to their undergrad?