CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

Congratulations @Ird123, @Ameliamld and @batascotch.

2 Likes

Congratulations everyone!

1 Like

Congrats to those who got accepted to Case.

I think today is the ED notification. Can’t wait for EA notification date - on 12/19/20

3 Likes

@batascotch, @Ameliamld, @lrd123 Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I applied EA so I’m still waiting hehe.

3 Likes

Congrats to those who got decisions today! I’m waiting for the EA notification date on 12/19/20 as well :))

(If someone can chance me please) @bopper
Stats:

GPA W: 95.11 (my school does it on a 100 scale)

SAT/ACT: Test Optional (Was cancelled over 7 times here in NYC)

APUSH: 5

Demonstrated Interest: Did an interview (went well!), joined an insane number of online sessions/open houses, and student panels.

EC’s: Would say are somewhat strong (Cardiovascular Research through my schools 3yr research honors program, won award for research in my school, will be publishing a research study later this year , heavily involved in church volunteering (866 hours), Peer Tutoring Algebra 2, Chemistry, Geometry (165 hours), NHS, Coding Club at my school, and prior Treasurer/President of my school’s Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society Chapter.

LOR’s will probably be around a 9/10

(I’m insanely worried…)
Thank you!

I posted my stats a few days ago :slight_smile: but also I should add that I am a cmsd student (Cleveland’s public school system). Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Case Western, previous year acceptance rate

Early Decision Admission Rate
39% of 687 applicants were admitted
Early Action Admission Rate
32% of 13,696 applicants were admitted
Overall Admission Rate
27% of 28,786 applicants were admitted

2 Likes

To be considered for merit based financial aid, do we need to fill out the fafsa and css? I thought those were only for federal aid.

@tuffy21

After submitted the application, we received an email from Case, we received email from Case to update Financial Intent form. Since we chose yet, we had to submit both FAFSA and CSS profile. Maybe that was triggered if you chose YES in that form.

Did anyone else have to submit a 2021-2022 Verification Form (Dependent Students), and the 2019 Parent Tax Transcript? (I submitted those early November after they requested them, but prior to that I had already properly submitted the CSS and FAFSA)…

yes

1 Like

thank you! Was wondering if I did anything wrong :slight_smile:

hi i just got accepted into CWRU ED with the University Scolarship.

Num Avg.: 93.7 (W)

SAT/ACT: 34 Superscore

AP: 10 AP’s, got 3’s on all

Demonstrated Interest: I went to one seminar and my sister is a CWRU graduate.

EC’s: co-founder of latin club, 4 years of viola (accepted into highly competitive state program), volunteered at church (around 4 hours a week for about a year), worked as a tutor for 1.5 years

LOR: APWH Teacher and 11th Literature Teacher

Financial Aid: Yes

• i also sent in my viola portfolio and was accepted into the music school
6 Likes

I applied ED and got into nursing. Here are my stats:

GPA W: 4.14

SAT/ACT: Test Optional

IB courses:
Taken-IB psych SL, IB bio SL, IB physics, IB applications SL (math)
IB tests: Cancelled but got two 5s overall for IB bio SL and IB psych SL

Demonstrated Interest: attended many webinars and talked to the track coach about being on the team. He offered a pre-read

Intended major: Nursing

Scholarship: Bolton scholarship: $10,000

EC’s: somewhat strong
Track and field 10-12th(current)
Club soccer for about 12 years
Jobs: Cashier and lifeguard

4 Likes

I’m also taking IB chem II SL and IB math this year with 2 dual enrollments. One in history the other in English

2 Likes

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!! CONGRATS! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

CONGRATS!! :slight_smile: THIS IS GREAT!

1 Like

OK, makes sense thanks

oh I see, thanks!

@batascotch @lrd123 @Ameliamld
Can you share your:
Decision: Accepted/Not Accepted
Scholarship:
Potential Major:
Stats:
SAT/ACT: 33
GPA:
Classes (AP, DE, IB?)