Dartmouth College Campus Visits: Share Your Tips & Recommendations

Did you recently visit Dartmouth College? Share your experience with the community! Post your review in the comments below.

Some ideas for what to share:

• When did you visit?
  • Where did you stay? Would you recommend it?
  • Where did you eat? Did you try any local specialties?
  • How did you get there? What’s the best transportation mean to get to-from the campus?
  • What was the campus vibe?
  • What did you think of the dorms?
  • What are some must-see things in or around campus?
  • How were the school facilities?
  • Did you like it more or less than you thought you would? Why?
  • Did anything surprise you?

We’d love to hear any tips or recommendations you can share for people planning their visit!

I visited in early August 2023 with my D24. Here is my writeup from another post:

Dartmouth was great. It felt like something of a university-LAC hybrid in size and felt a little more bustling with students there for summer term. We ate at one of the dining halls, which, like Bowdoin, was cheap and very good. We also got a personal tour of the studio art facilities, which are slightly disconnected from the main campus and more in the town of Hanover (but not particularly inconvenient). The recently constructed art facilities are very impressive and well resourced. One drawback, however, is that Dartmouth doesn’t currently offer a study-abroad program at a foreign art school or even one with a studio art focus. It sounds like art students have been pushing for one though. Dartmouth’s post-degree internship program is a cool opportunity for fine artists. Parent tip : If you like rye whisky and/or extremely bucolic Vermont locales, the WhistlePig Tasting Room is worth the 15-ish minute drive to Quechee, VT from Hanover.*

*ETA: If you like artisanal glassware and/or fine dining, check out Simon Pearce immediately next door to WhistlePig.