Davis vs. San Diego vs. LA

<p>I got accepted to UC Davis (Engineering), UCSD (CLS), and UCLA (CLS).</p>

<p>I haven’t visited the campuses and I don’t think I’ll be able to by May 1st (I’m an international).</p>

<p>I’m having a pretty tough time trying to decide which campus to attend…</p>

<p>What are some distinguishing features/characteristics of the above three campuses?</p>

<p>my personal preferences are: strong academic programs, research/internship/community volunteering opportunities, establishing close relationships with faculty, being involved in student clubs/organizations, intramurals…</p>

<p>and also, I have been offered a spot for the University Honors Program for UCD. Could anyone who has been or is in this program tell me more about it? I have read about the UHP on their website, but I hope to gain some more insight into it by listening to personal accounts/experiences regarding the program.</p>

<p>I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who has personal experience with these three campuses could tell me some further information about them. Please help~ :)</p>

<p>UCD is in a really pretty, quaint agricultural area. It’s known for all kinds of sciences, but mainly agricultural, environmental, and biological sciences. It has a lot of intramural sports and co-curricular activities, as well as volunteer and work opportunities. The campus is mostly student-run, so it shouldn’t be hard for you to find a job or community service activity. Everyone is very, very nice and accommodating. AND THERE ARE SO MANY BIKES.</p>

<p>UCSD is by the beach, and it’s equal in rankings with Davis. It’s known for their strong science and engineering programs. UCLA is not that far from Hollywood, and it’s known for business and engineering.</p>

<p>They’re all really wonderful schools. I think you’d be happy at any of them. :)</p>