Denied Admission

<p>So I had a 29 ACT, 3.63 GPA, was in many extracurricular including marching band, tennis, clubs etc..., I was in 3 AP courses and am currently in 3 more as a senior, am planning on taking all ap tests. Another thing to note was I had a medical issue that prevented me from going to a majority of school 2nd semester of junior year, it was sudden and sorta hard to deal with medically, so i ended up getting a huge drop in my grades and my gpa (had around a 3.9 (4.3 weighted) at the time and it dropped to a 3.6 and i tried my hardest to maintain a better gpa up till now which i believe i have done. However I just got denied admission from Madison, do you all think this is accurate? Should i have been accepted? Possibly a mistake? Madison is my dream school, so its hard to deal with this i guess.</p>

<p>I am very sorry Atari82. How do you know you were denied? Your stats make you a qualified applicant for madison it doesn’t make any sense to me.</p>

<p>Thats what I am saying, i dont understand. Because it states that i recieved my application status and ive been rejected. </p>

<p>Are you out of state? </p>

<p>In state!</p>

<p>Not complaining, but everyone thought I was going to get in, so just a bit shocked. </p>

<p>You can try to transfer in for Fall 2015. </p>

<p>Or Spring 2015 if you do summer school.</p>

<p>Do you think I could appeal and if I do what should I mention that would help? Thanks. </p>

<p>@Atari82
Quote from the website:
“For an appeal to have merit, it must bring to light new compelling academic and/or personal information, as well as details pertaining to extenuating circumstances that were not addressed in the initial application.”
Apparently your appeal is only as strong as new information.</p>

<p>I would hope you included your medical issues as a reason for the drop in grades junior year, with school supporting statements in your original application. While your current overall gpa is ok the huge drop in grades triggered a red flag for admissions. A stellar first semester senior year would make a difference. Otherwise you have to prove you can do the work by having a good experience elsewhere and applying to transfer. It is not the end of your UW degree dreams if you choose to apply as a transfer with a college record that shows you can and will do the work.</p>