Denied from cal poly slo 4.0 gpa transfer

I am a transfer student majoring in computer science, and SLO just got back to me a minute ago, 3/28/2018 at 10pm. They said, “Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider your application for admission to Cal Poly. We regret we are unable to offer you admission due to the extremely limited number of openings available.” I don’t get it. With a 4.0 GPA, I would like to assume that I have a super high chance. Correctly me if I’m wrong, but I feel like it’s because they are running out of time and still have to read thru a ton more of applications because my friends and I got denied to SDSU as well at the exact same time.

Nobody has a super high chance. They aren’t running out of time. All the applications are “read” at the same time.

Sorry to hear that. I believe it was 2 years ago though that SLO reported that over 6000 students with 4.0+ were rejected. CS is HYPER competitive.

What’s beyond hyper? This year they were targeting 10 (!) new transfer students in CS, with 877 applicants. Yields for transfers are in the 50% range, so figure they admitted maybe 20. Yikes.

I have a 4.0 and I was rejected today too. Am a student athlete, extra cirriculars, multiple college awards, I work 45+ hours a week, I support my family, and I’m an immigrant. So needless to say. I wasn’t expecting a rejection either.