Determining CSU to UC Transferability

Hi everyone!

I have been attempting to calculate my UC transferable GPA, but I have been stumped on this one class.

I took two concurrent courses at CSUN: Biology 281 (lecture) and Biology 282 (lab). Now, according to Assist, taking both of these courses translates to Physiology 001 at LACC. However, I am not sure which grade they would use for my transferable GPA.

Would it be a weighted average of my grade in Biology 281 and Biology 282? Or would they just look to see that I passed the lab and use the lecture grade? Is it possible this course would not even be deemed transferrable?

I am definitely going to ask admissions but they have been closed since yesterday and will be closed on the weekend as well. I am itching to know!!

Thanks all (:

Assuming you have the following courses to report:

• CSUN BIOL 281, 3 units, grade ___
  • CSUN BIOL 282, 1 unit, grade ___

When calculating the college GPA, include 3 units of whatever grade you got in CSUN BIOL 281 and 1 unit of whatever grade you got in CSUN BIOL 282.

That makes sense, thank you so much!

What do you think about this similar case:

• CSUN BIOL 211, 2 units
  • CSUN BIOL 212, 1 unit

The course that these two concurrent CSUN courses translate to at LACC are Anatomy 001. However, that is a 4 unit course.

How would they go about my transferable UC GPA there?

You have 2 units of the grade you got in CSUN BIOL 211 and 1 unit of the grade you got in CSUN BIOL 212.

But the transferrable equivalent at LACC is a 4 unit course; does that same split still apply?

If you took the courses at CSUN, the unit values and grades from CSUN should be used.