Did my Choice of Major Kill me?

<p>I applied to all mid tier UC schools, my most hopefull and fav being Irvine.
I applied to the Business Admin major with an undeclared as a 2nd choice.
3.85 uc gpa 1830 SAT, good ecs and good essays, straight rejected from irvine but a waitlist offer from SB. Do you think I was denied from Irvine because I applied to a very affected major? Should I appeal saying that I have drasticly changed my mind and do not want to do B.A. and add other evidence?? </p>

<p>I am really worried because I might be forced into going to santa cruz now, not that its a bad school, I just feel that Irivne and SB have more of what I am intrested in.</p>

<p>same here, I applied as Business and had around the same gpa as you, and put undeclared as second major, but business is impacted. I should have chosen alternatives many economics or history.</p>

<p>I applied under business admin also for UCI, but got in for Economics and got flat out rejected from UCSB UCD, but got in UCSD and UCB.</p>

<p>I believe that unfortunately you can’t change your major on ur appeal :(. First of all, if you want to appeal, you need new and compelling evidence -.-. Make you appeal make you sound very interesting and also interested in the school. You can talk about how if you got in the school would benefit from having you. You can also talk about all the majors you open your options to after you have to declare from being undecided :D.</p>

<p>Good Luck :). I’m currently working on my appeal to UCLA, just for the heck of it and I’m feeling lucky.</p>

<p>hmm well UCI is harder to get into than UCSB (higher GPA, higher SAT scores), so it would make sense that you would get rejected to UCI and waitlisted for SB. I would also think you would get rejected from UCD but that’s not always true.</p>

<p>Major does have a small impact. I have heard of people declaring a woman studies major and changing it once you get to campus</p>

<p>Irvine’s business is impacted (~150 people accepted). If you try to change your major, just know on the site it says ~15 people are accepted for Business Administration as transfers or change of major.</p>

<p>It might have, but your rejection is sort of to be expected. I think the averages were a 4.0 and 1850-1900 SAT? You certainly weren’t far off, but it’s not unheard of. Santa cruz is getting down to where the school might limit you a bit…but if you feel the need, get a high GPA and transfer you should be fine. College is what you make it.</p>

<p>I believe UCI evaluates applicant for university admission first, then for major placement. This means if you met the admission standard of the university but not the major, you would have been admitted under the alternate major.</p>

<p>This means that changing your major will not help your case in terms of gaining admission to the campus.</p>