Dilemma!

<p>I have applied for a B. Arch Major to VirginiaTech. I got in for University Studies Program instead. I would really like to know:</p>

<ol>
<li>What are the chances of getting into my desired major after a semester in VT itself?</li>
<li>What are the chances of getting into another Uni like Cornell or else where as a transfer student for a B.ARCH degree after the first semester of University Studies at VT?</li>
</ol>

<p>I have gotten into Pratt (expensive!) for a B.Arch degree, as well as SCI Arc (no housing!) as well as CCA (not in the top ten, as rated by DesignIntelligence 2011).</p>

<p>SAT SCORE: 1850
TOEFL iBT: 107
I get good grades, but I am not familiar with the GPA system, or the credit system. I come from an Indian background in education. Also, I have no consult. I applied individually.</p>

<p>Should I go to VT anyway and work my ass off? I want to know about the community there too. How is it?</p>

<p>Should I stay in India, go to SPA or JJ college for Architecture instead?</p>

<p>All the scholarships are past deadline, so I'm not even sure about Pratt.</p>

<p>Suggestions would be appreciated!</p>

<p>Sorry, I have no answers for you, only a suggestion to also post some of your non-VT specific questions on the architecture thread for more feedback/advice.</p>

<p>[Architecture</a> Major - College Confidential](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/architecture-major/]Architecture”>Architecture Major - College Confidential Forums)</p>

<p>Is b.arch in the college of architecture and urban studies? If so your chances of getting in after one semester are 0. Your odds improve somewhat after a year of taking insanely hard portfolio classes that will count for nothing if you don’t make it in. And it’s very, very possible you won’t.</p>

<p>Don’t know the answer to your other question.</p>