Direct Admit Nursing Programs- PA

A junior in high school with an uw gpa of 3.2 wgpa 3.45 at the end of sophmore year. By the end of junior year stats are predicted to be 3.3 uw, 3.6 with weight. (1190 SAT and top 25-30 of class)
Extracurriculars include theater, High School Dance Team, and regular studio dance.

What are my chances at the following nursing programs:

York College of PA
Bloomsburg University of PA
East Stroudsburg University
IUP

I don’t know, but I’d add a few more colleges to provide a measure of safety, and to be able to compare net costs.

You’re definitely on track for all of those schools, just keep working hard and make sure your GPA is as high as possible.

My D is going to York - she is a 3.4 with 27 ACT and she got in and got some nice merit

toomanyteens, if you don’t mind me asking, how much is the deposit that York asks for to hold the nursing spot?

As of 4 years ago, it was about $400 or $500 to hold your nursing spot, but most was refundable if you cancelled before May 1st. I don’t know the current rules.

@scholarme York was $500 and as of this year it was not refundable before May 1. We paid deposit back in the fall, but son changed mind and switched to Duquesne in March. When he inquired with the admissions counselor at York about at least a partial refund, he was told no refunds unfortunately.

Thanks @wildfelix1 & Charliesch. Ouch on the non-refundable part!

@LuckyLexyLou Widener U outside Philadelphia is private, not public, but they advertise that they will take ANY applicant if they meet their minimum requirements which I seem to recall were quite a bit below yours. They also said they don’t cap the number of Freshman nursing admissions (which seemed crazy but they said they have no trouble finding clinical space). Expensive, but my son received a HUGE scholarship taking it down to the cheapest tuition, but he didn’t like the area or Philadelphia in general so it was a no-go for him.