Dismissed, Reformed, Ready

<p>I was dismissed from a University about 3 years ago.
I was on academic probation due to pure laziness & getting caught up in the college life.
Took some time off to reflect on the shame i had brought on myself & family (who still don't know i got dismissed)
Enrolled in an LPN program graduated with a 3.3 GPA (completed in 12 months)
Currently in an Associates in Nursing Program with a 3.0 GPA (15 months)
Set to graduate in 5 months from my ADN and i definitely plan on getting the GPA higher.
Basically i realized my mistakes. Both my LPN & ADN programs were accelerated so its hasn't been easy.
I have been traveling from to NJ from NY monday through friday, since January 2011 for school.
I also work full-time as a pediatric home care nurse with my LPN.
I now plan on going back to a university for my BSN.
Do i have any chances? I will be as brutally honest on my college essay & lay the cards on the table.
I don't want to get stuck with these online universities (walden, chamberlain etc)
ANY advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you</p>

<p>I believe you have a very good chance. Check with your current Associates in Nursing Program academic counselors. They very likely have an extensive list of 4 year programs their graduates have gone on to complete their BSNs.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>You are not the only student who has found themselves in this unfortunate situation. It looks to me that you have learned from your mistakes and have been assuming a more mature, responsible role in responding to them. Stop beating yourself down any further (the serenity prayer might be helpful to you). One you graduate with your ARN and obtain your nursing license you can then apply to an RN to BSN Nursing Program at a university and get your BSN in 15-18 months. I would recommend that you continue to work hard and try to get your GPA as high as possible. On your application you just need to be honest (brutally is not required) and explain your past circumstances, what you have learned from them, and the efforts you have made to rectify the situation. While I can’t speak for every university I do believe that most would be understanding and not hold your initial college experience against you. Best of luck to you. It sounds to me however, that you have started on a good path to “make” your own good luck. </p>

<p>Thank you aglages! Our ADN program is fairly new, my class will be the third graduating class. We are however nationally accredited and by the CCNE as well. They have affliations with the online schools i listed above and american sentinel but I’m not interested in those schools :(( </p>

<p>Mwallenmd thank you for your response. I honestly don’t believe i can stop beating myself up until i get my masters and come clean to my family. :"> They will be so proud by then that they will look pass that embarrassment. Hopefully </p>