Do I have a Shot at the UC schools?

Can I still get into UCLA or any other UC schools if I have a low GPA but amazing in all sports(particularly in soccer). I’m a female freshman who is on the varsity soccer team and I’m wondering if an ACT score of 30 but a low GPA of 3.5 can still get me into these schools if I am looking into more of the sports side of the UC schools.

If you are a highly recruited athlete, then your stats are probably good enough to get support at some UC schools. Are you playing soccer at a high level outside of school? If so, then recruitment might be a possibility, but cast your net wide. Soccer recruitment is very competitive and schools such as UCLA especially so. Work hard at school to keep your stats high as schools such as UCLA are going to recruit the player with the higher stats if all else is equal.

Agree with above poster that if you are a recruited athlete then your chances definitely increase.

As a HS freshman, anything is possible. Freshman grades aren’t critically important for the UCs so, do your best going forward and keep an open mind.

I would add, for UCs, GPA is king. Take classes where you know you can do well. An A in Stat beats a C in Calculus.

Good luck