Do I put RP or W?

Hi,

I withdrew from a course back in spring of 2022 but I retook that class the following semester and got an A. So on my transcript, it says a W, but when I was submitting my CSU application it says “The following courses appear to be repeated. If the course is recognized as a repeat course on the transcript of the college it was taken at, please go to College Coursework and make the first occurrence of the course have the grade of RP.” But I never got a grade for my dropped class, so should I put W or RP?

You can always contact admissions, at the schools where you’ve applied, if you want to confirm what they’ve stated.

They will receive your transcript with the “W” when all of your information is being sent in.

Often a repeated course is considered to be one for which a grade was received and then the same course was retaken to improve the grade. That’s different than a withdrawal. See for example the definitions at Repeats, Withdrawals and Incomplete Policy FAQs - Registrar’s Office - CSU Channel Islands

But since I don’t work for CSU Admissions the OP can email them at the email address given in the “contacts” links at Transfer | CSU to confirm

Completely agree. The student needs to contact them because the W is very different than a repeat.