Do NOT live at Woodlands at Tuscaloosa

Dear parents of incoming students and students in UA,

I would highly UN-recommend you to live at Woodlands at Tuscaloosa. The ticket exchange page is currently full of how terrible management is, how bad the infrastructure is and how UNSAFE it is! A few girls wrote there was a sexual assault in the middle of afternoon, robbery at gun point and gunshoot through windows. Please please, unless you are well-versed in dealing with negligent management(which none of students are), avoid this place at all cost.

My son lived at the Woodlands for 2 years while he was a student (not too long ago, he just graduated in December) and would have continued to live there, but had some roommate issues.

It is a VERY large complex, so especially in a student environment that can lead to more issues, but I stayed there on several occasions in the 2 years he lived there and never once felt unsafe.

They do have their own security that patrols the property. The complex backs up to Target (it in fact has an exit to the parking lot that leads directly to Target). It is also well less than a mile from newer, more ‘desirable’ properties like The Lofts.

It is no longer the newest complex in town, so not the most expensive, so it does attract students that are looking for a more affordable place to live. But there can be (and are) problems everywhere.

@jrcsmom I am glad your son didn’t have any more serious problems.

If you go to google and see their reviews, however, you will notice the more recent ones show how worse the management has gotten over the years.