Do we have to submit all SAT scores?

For example, my daughter took SAT 2 times while one is better than the other. Can we just submit 1 SAT score?

At most schools, yes. At some - like Georgetown - you must submit all scores.

Depends upon the school’s policy. Many let you self-report and do not require an official report until you matriculate.

Thank you. How can we get the information that we must submit all scores. When I read SAT section on Georgetown web site, it didn’t mention that. Is there an other place that we can check?

The University requires that all scores from standardized tests be submitted directly from the testing agency; please indicate Georgetown’s code number when requesting score reports (SAT code 5244; ACT code 0668).

3 Likes

Thank you. For “test optional” schools, like USC, can we just report 1 exam score?

Georgetown and CMU are the only 2 that have recently required all scores, but my interpretation is that CMU now only strongly recommends. For every other US university, feel free to only list one.

Thank you.

1 Like

You should see what College Board says about official score reports.

In past, if a college wanted an official report from College Board, the College Board sent all scores from all test dates and a college would then superscore.

And if the best section score is from different test, she will be able to self report that most of the time (superscore)

My D22 had applied to both Georgetown and CMU, but she din’t have to report all scores for CMU. I’m not sure if that was changed after 2022 admission.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.