Does a D on your transcript (10-11th grade) automatically disqualify you from UCs?

<p>i got a D in AP physics first semester (missed a C by .02%) and a C in it 2nd semester (missed a B by <.5%). my grades are average for the most part besides that, still low GPA but lots of ap/honors courses. i’m doing a lot better senior year, almost all aps/honors but maybe a 4.0 but it doesn’t matter for UCs…</p>

<p>I explained on the additional comments section that I didn’t have time/did not properly learn time management until the summer of junior-senior year where I took 3 courses at a college (good grades in these) and senior year where my grades are a lot better.</p>

<p>But… am I basically automatically disqualified from pretty much all the UCs… or at least UCSB, UCD, UCI, UCSC because of this…? thanks.</p>

<p>You should be able to find out if you get credit for a D on the pathways website, but other than that, you “just” need a 3.0 (assuming you area California resident) UC GPA to apply. So if you have a 3.0 and meet the "A-G " requirements, you are not automatically disqualified. I assume if you are a senior, you already applied. I don’t think The application is “accepted” if you don’t meet the criteria.</p>

<p>Yes I already applied but I got scared reading some of the threads on here.</p>

<p>I have above a 3.0 UC GPA and I’ve taken tons of courses (including summer courses) so the D doesn’t affect whether I meet the requirement or not. </p>

<p>But even so, will most of the UCs reject you based on a D (it’s in the hardest class offered in the school)…?</p>

<p>no. they will reject you on lots of other things but not auto for a D. plus if you have good test scores and a good personal statement you should be fine</p>

<p>I have good test scores and a good statement, and using the google doc to figure out how many pts were necessary for UCD I found I was above the cutoff but I wasn’t sure if they only went on that point based system…</p>

<p>How come they will revoke your admission if you get a D senior year though…?</p>

<p>As long as you have a 3.0 weighted, you are eligible for admission to a UC campus. But, the D in physics will not count for completion of an a-g requirement. And UC requires minimum of two years lab science (“d”). Thus, as long as you have two other years of lab science with C or better you are eligible.</p>

<p>Jankow: hopefully, you included your summer college courses on your app. (They will also be used to calculate your UC gpa.)</p>

<p>Yes, I definitely meet the requirement even without physics… partly because I took on way too hard of a courseload (a lot of that had to do with physics classes though) and so my GPA suffered.</p>

<p>I included the summer courses as well, would be nice if they boosted my GPA (but they were taken at another college so I don’t know if they’d actually be factored in).</p>

<p>edit: another question… what if I took a course at a community college this fall but dropped it because I didn’t have enough time (and I think a W showed up)? I think I might take it later on… but I didn’t include this in my schedule (though I included the other courses I took at the CC). Do I have to send a mail to all of the UCs I applied to telling them I took this course?</p>

<p>^
Are you referring to COC, or did you take it somewhere else?</p>

<p>I had a similar problem. According to Mr. Fricke:</p>

<p>"You can choose to not have it reported on the high school transcript, but</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>i.e. Since the course taken at COC was an A-G course, your transcript will show that you took it, but it won’t show the W if you ask the registrar not to show it.</p>

<p>One D won’t automatically disqualify you as long as you have two others years of lab science.</p>

<p>I had a 36.2% in AP Physics when I took it.</p>

<p>I doubt it would, I got into Tulane with a D on my transcript. :D</p>

<p>I took the course at a local community college (as well as a few others), and it doesn’t appear on my hs transcript (separate CC transcript).</p>

<p>I don’t think so. I know a girl who got a D in physics in the 11th grade and got into UCSB</p>