Does anybody have a copy of the USNews 2011 rankings?

<p>The USNews website seems to be under the impression that I need to pay to see the undergrad business and engineering rankings for UA. </p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama | Overall Rankings | Best College | US News](<a href=“http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-alabama-100751/overall-rankings]University”>http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-alabama-100751/overall-rankings)</p>

<p>I would appreciate if anybody who has the book or premium access to the ranking could look them up for me.</p>

<p>I have the 2011 book…but the B-school only lists the top 42 schools…and engineering only lists top 74.</p>

<p>I may also have premium access…don’t know if it’s expired yet…I’ll look.</p>

<p>New rankings come out in August.</p>

<p>Ok…looked online…</p>

<p>Bama has risen in rankings for undergrad business…to 57…a year or so ago, it wasn’t as strong…like 104 or something…</p>

<p>Undergrad rankings</p>

<h1>57 Business</h1>

<h1>98 Engineering…which I believe is also an improvement…and I suspect will continue to improve.</h1>

<h1>27 Accounting</h1>

<p>FYI…the below is grad school info
U.S. News Best Grad School Rankings</p>

<pre><code>* #63 Best Business Schools

• #83 Best Education Schools

• #122 Best Engineering Schools
    o #43 Aerospace / Aeronautical / Astronautical
    o #95 Chemical
    o #81 Civil
    o #85 Computer Engineering
    o #108 Electrical / Electronic / Communications
    o #66 Materials
    o #101 Mechanical

• #35 Best Law Schools
    o #43 Law Firms Rank Schools

• #115 Biological Sciences

• #94 Chemistry

• #62 Clinical Psychology

• #108 Earth Sciences

• #79 Economics

• #94 English

• #164 Fine Arts

• #101 History

• #22 Library and Information Studies

• #127 Nursing

• #113 Physics

• #74 Psychology

• #100 Public Affairs

• #90 Rehabilitation Counseling

• #42 Social Work

• #87 Speech-Language Pathology
    </code></pre>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Re: undergrad B-school ranking…</p>

<p>During the 2009-10 app cycle, I remember a NMF from Mich looking at Bama and for some odd reason, the current B-school ranking at the time had dropped to over 100…something like 104 for an unknown reason. Prior years had the ranking (I think) in the 80s or so.</p>

<p>That said, the fact that the number is now 57 is really amazing. I am confident that Bama will continue to rise in that area because Dr. Witt was Dean of UT-Austin’s B-school, so he would care/know a lot about that area. </p>

<p>Bama is definitely making in-roads into engineering. The above undergrad stats were announced last Aug…so based on info from about a year before that…so, those numbers will surely improve.</p>

<p>I agree with Mom about Engineering at UA. By Fall of 2012, UA will have created three new and huge Science and Engineering buildings (with the last two devoted solely to Engineering) since Fall of 2009. Also, given the fact that UA is one of the few schools in the country that is still making a lot of hires, it is acquiring the cream of the crop in new faculty members for Engineering.</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>I agree. Just the growth in numbers of engineering students is amazing…and their stats! And, with growth, you get to hire more profs…and you get to pick the cream since few others can make offers. </p>

<p>And, when you add in those new buildings and what they contain, it certainly makes it easier attracting students and profs…and attracting more grant offers.</p>

<p>I still would like to see some kind of line item listing of what each building has or will have. I’d also like to know what all that stuff means. </p>

<p>When I’ve walked thru the SEC , I see long halls, labs with equipment, study rooms, etc…but I don’t know what I’m looking at …and I don’t know how good all this stuff is.</p>

<p>'Bama just popped onto our radar with their liberal OOS scholarships. That would make it so much cheaper than In State for my D, who is interested in Engineering. NOW I understand the concept of a “financial safety”!</p>

<p>2gm … apply, Apply, APPLY! You will be more than impressed with the University, the Campus, and the people involved in the process. We are thrilled … and more importantly … our D cannot wait to head down to UA in 2.5 short months! Visit campus, involve the Honors College in the process, and you will be surely impressed!</p>

<p>welcome 2girlz! you found the right place for way too much info. On behalf of the OOS parents - Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>2girlz…</p>

<p>Welcome!!! :)</p>

<p>What scholarship does your D qualify for?</p>

<p>Out-of-State Scholarship Offers</p>

<p>•Students who have a 27 ACT or 1210-1240 SAT (critical reading and mathematics scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $1,500 per year or $6,000 over four years. </p>

<p>•Students who have a 28-29 ACT or 1250-1320 SAT (critical reading and mathematics scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $3,500 per year or $14,000 over four years. </p>

<p>•Students who have a 30-31 ACT or 1330-1390 SAT (critical reading and mathematics scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive two-thirds the cost of tuition for four years. </p>

<p>•Students who have a 32-36 ACT or 1400-1600 SAT (critical reading and mathematics scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive out-of-state tuition for four years. </p>

<p>Also…did you know that there are engineering scholarships as well?</p>

<p>Eng’g students with an ACT 30+ get an extra $2500 per year (they also get free tuition).</p>

<p>Eng’g students with (ACT 27-29???) get an additional 1500 per year. </p>

<p>Engineering scholarships…</p>

<p>Out-of-State:</p>

<p>•Students who have a 27-29 ACT or 1210-1320 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $1,500 per year for four years. </p>

<p>•Students who have a 30-31 ACT or 1330-1390 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive a tuition supplement to bring their University-level scholarship offer up to the value of tuition. In addition, they will receive $2,500 per year for four years. </p>

<p>•Students who have a 32-36 ACT or 1400-1600 SAT (math and verbal scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will receive $2,500 per year for four years.</p>