Does Texas A&M offer generous aids or scholarships to undergraduate international students?

I cannot see the stats anywhere. And in term of generous, I mean enough to cover the rest of the attendance costs after about $12000-$14000 that my family can pay. Help me, since deadlines are approaching!!

@TTNL2405

If you give me your stats I can give you a guess. Also, the stats for the scholarships are clearly listed on the website (I just checked).

By 14k, do you mean total or per year?

I certainly hope not.

They aren’t even generous to their own in-state high stat students and families who have been paying taxes into the public university system for 20+ years. I would be a little furious to know they are giving “generous aide or scholarships” to kids from another country who have similar stats to thousands of kids in our own state. Bringing in diversity is a great thing and I would never argue that. But it’s complicated when they have the same type of student in their own backyard and those kids have to pay full freight, isn’t it?

@RMNiMiTz --yes they list stats on the TAMU website. But just achieving those stats doesn’t get you the $$. Last year there were many thousands who met that criteria and who were given $0.00.

I wish you well and don’t mean to sound harsh but you need to know this is a state school that attracts MANY thousands of high stat students and they do not need to offer $$$ to out-of-state and international students to incentivize them to attend their school.

@carachel2

Yea, the money isn’t that good. Tbh the only school in Texas which gives out a lot of money is UTD, and they’ve given less and less as the school has gotten better.

For residents, most of the money is either NMF (Scholar) or Aggie Assurance (and that’s subject to availability).

https://financialaid.tamu.edu/Forms/InternationalStudentFAApp1617.aspx

Read the first paragraph of this. It’s pretty clear that international student aid application does not mean any grants or scholarships will be given.