Does the School You Graduate From Affect Your Future Salary and Job Opportunities?

<p>I understand that you shouldn't pick a school or major based on how much money you could possibly earn in the future; however, I am curious to know if the school you graduate from affects your salary or job opportunities. I am planning on attending Texas A&M University and majoring in Mechanical Engineering, but some people tell me that if I want to major in Engineering I should go to the University of Texas at Austin because if I graduate from TAMU it will be hard for me to get a job. Is this true? Besides the environment, is there a big difference between TAMU and UT? Does an engineer coming from UT necessarily have more job opportunities or a bigger salary than an engineer coming from TAMU?</p>

<p>That Aggie ring on your finger will open doors you never dreamed of… the networking power of former students is vast and tight-knit. Have you ever seen a “Texas Ex” sticker on the back of a car? You’ll never ever see that on an Aggie’s car, because there are no “ex-Aggies” – just former students.</p>

<p>The engineering program at A&M is top-notch, and graduates are well sought-after. Go to Texas if you find you’re more comfortable there, but if you decide to go to A&M I wouldn’t lose a moment’s sleep worrying that you’ll have a hard time finding a job when you graduate.</p>

<p>According to Payscale college salary report, Graduates from A&M have high salary than those from UT.</p>

<p>I have had one child majoring in engineering at both universities. Both schools offer excellent educations, job fairs for finding employment and networking ops. </p>

<p>If you study hard and take advantage of the many opportunities, you will have great offers when you graduate! Both programs are rigorous, so start strong on day one of freshman year!</p>