Does this mean i can't get to a uc?

Hi.
I am a junior and i am getting a D in my math class ( Math Analysis H) and two Cs ( Chem H, AP Psych).
my UC GPA is about to be 3.33 and my Unweighted will be really low (2.7)
this is also my first year in Cali. I used to be in Florida and last year i had like (i don’t remember my exact GPA) 3.7 unweighted and 4.3 weighted but it’s probably going to be lower if you calculate it here.
I know the rules about D and F. I read on uc website if you get a D in math first semester you can validate it with getting a (+C) in second semester but the problem would be that my unweighted is still lower than 3 even if that D was valid.
I couldn’t find out whether the rule of minimum 3.0 GPA is UC GPA ( honors points) or Unweighted.
and the worst part is that there is no repeat or summer school for H math analysis. Will i be able to take Math analysis Regular during summer and replace my HMA grade with that?
I didn’t take the SAT yet but i had 1230 on PSAT and i think if i study i would be able to get a score around 1400 or maybe higher.
The reason i am getting bad grades right now is part of it because i didn’t try and i never thought high school is gonna be so hard here. Will i be able to get to a UC if i get straight A’s second semester?
Any recommendation?

The minimum UC capped weighted GPA you need to apply as an in-state applicant is 3.0 or 3.4 for an OOS applicant. At this GPA level, possibly only UC Merced would be an option since the UC’s tend to be very GPA focused.

Capped weighted GPA is 10-11th grades in the a-g course requirements with a limit of 8 semesters of honors points (weighting) for UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses taken during this time. Here is the UC GPA calculator to help you determine your UW UC GPA, Capped weighted UC GPA and Fully Weighted UC GPA.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

You can check which courses at your specific HS will qualify for the extra honors points here:

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist

If you are unable to retake any classes with a D or lower grade prior to the UC application period next year (deadline November 30), your D would be used in the Capped weighted UC GPA calculation and will definitely impact your chances.

Some UC statistical data:

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39 based on Capped weighted UC GPA and not major specific:

UCB: 1.1%
UCLA: 0.9%
UCSD: 0.9%
UCSB: 1.4%
UCI: 3.1%
UCD: 4.1%
UCSC: 14.3%
UCR: 22.9%
UCM: 56.7%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 1.8%
UCLA: 2.2%
UCSD: 7.2%
UCSB: 10.1%
UCI: 11.1%
UCD: 16.6%
UCSC: 43.8%
UCR: 63.3%
UCM: 88.7%

2018 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.23
UCSD: 4.16
UCSB: 4.13
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.11
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.81
UCM: 3.71

2018 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

Getting straight A’s next semester will help but it might be too little too late. Calculate your UC GPA and repost when you have all your test scores so posters can give you an idea if applying to the UC’s will be possible.

Work hard and best of luck.

with a 3.3 GPA, i think the UCs are pretty unlikely targets.

Assuming you’ve met the A-G requirements with passing grades, most programs at most of the CSUs will be options (probably not SDSU, CPSLO or CSULB)

Apply broadly and good luck.

Thank you for your response
Another question:
Since there is no repeat for H math analysis,
Will they let me replace that with Math analysis regular ( if I take it during summer?) or they will only accept a repeat for H math analysis ?(which there isn’t)

I just found out there is no repeat or summer school for math analysis regular.

To replace your low grade (s), you have to retake the exact same class. If not, then both grades will be used for admission purposes and GPA calculation.

you can get credit for the H math class by taking another one but, to replace the grade in your GPA you need to re-take it.