Dorm furnishings question

<p>My son is in Miles and I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer so I can purchase the "right" stuff.</p>

<ul>
<li> Approx. what size are the desks in the room? (trying to guage if the TV will fit on it)</li>
<li> Do the closet doors open in to the room or do the slide to the side?</li>
<li> If in to the room, are there 2 doors or one per closet and what size. (trying to buy a door hanger for coats/hoodies) </li>
<li> Is the sink just attached to the wall, or does it have an enclosed area underneath?</li>
<li> What size TV is typical in a dorm room?</li>
</ul>

<p>Thanks much!</p>

<p>I’m not positive on Miles specifically, my younger brother was in it 2 years ago but pretty much all the furniture is the same in most of the dorms and last time I was in Miles I don’t remember any different furniture. </p>

<p>Anyway, the desks are probably roughly 3-4ft across by 2.5ft(maybe 3) I don’t have exact measurements but they are not terribly small nor particularly big. Just average desks. There’s a slide out underneath for keyboards/pencils and stuff and 3 drawers on the side. Closets are usually open/close door not sliding. I believe there is one door per closet although this varies by the dorm because some closets are built in and some are movable cubicle closets. Usually there is an enclosed area beneath the sink but I’m not positive there is one in all the dorms. I believe there is one in Miles though. </p>

<p>Typical size TV varies. I’ve seen one resident fit 52 inch flat screen TV across their wall but most typical sizes are 32 inch TV sets on the large size and smaller. Do get a flat screen because it can be hard to carry a heavy CRT TV set up potentially many stairs.</p>