Dorm profiles

<p>Can any current students give me a profile of the individual dorms? My daughter has been accepted to the Honors college and is trying to decide if she wants to live in the honors dorm or one of the other freshman dorms. I know on many campuses each dorm has a particular profile, I.e. Party dorm, athletes dorm, etc. Also if you can give us some feed back on the honors dorm and how the kids living there like it, what the general perception of it is on campus. Thanks</p>

<p>I think this is all accurate – Because of construction this year freshman cannot designate a particular dorm (with the possible exception of a female only option). The only other designation option is the Honors dorm for kids in Honors College. In fact I think the Honors college freshmen are required to live in that dorm unless it gets filled and then they take the lottery from there. My D is gong through all of this right now, too. My son lived in Milton Daniel (Honors) a few years ago and while quieter than some of the others it’s nice, new and well located. He had no problem finding a social outlet. HAHA</p>

<p>I also have experience with Milton Daniel. It is built like a luxury hotel and created an amazing community. Very social, awesome location! I highly recommend it if you have a chance.</p>