Dorms... Coed by Floor or by Dorm?

<p>Hey everyone, I just got accepted ED into Virginia Tech and was just wondering if dorms were coed by floor or by dorm?</p>

<p>Some of the smaller dorms are single sex. The bigger ones are coed. When the dorm is coed it’ll either be separated by floor or by half of the building where there’s the hallway with the elevator in the middle.</p>

<p>Unless its a corps dorm. Theyre coed on all floors</p>

<p>All the information on each dorm is listed here.</p>

<p>[Residence</a> Halls | Housing & Residence Life | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.housing.vt.edu/halls/]Residence”>http://www.housing.vt.edu/halls/)</p>

<p>Nick, are you sure? Did they make the smaller ones like Vawter and Barringer coed now?</p>

<p>Barringer and Vawter aren’t Corps dorms, so those two are still all-guy ones</p>

<p>I have some other dorm related questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with.</p>

<p>After submitting your housing and dining contract…</p>

<p>-do you get to choose between residence halls which fit your preferences or are you assigned to one?</p>

<p>-are you notified about your residence hall through e-mail?</p>

<p>-how long should you expect to wait before being notified?</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses everyone. And I also have another question… what’s up with Hillcrest and Ambler Johnson dorms? I’m definitely going to do the honors program, but I want to make sure that I won’t be deprived of a good dorm life if I choose to do one of those honors themed dorms. I’m sort of weary of the residential college description… has anybody had good or bad experiences with these dorms?</p>

<p>East AJ - the honors residential college - is still be constructed, so nobody has experience with the residential college. If you apply and get in, you’d be the first. Don’t know if you see it as a good or bad thing.</p>

<p>@Vtechhokie:</p>

<ol>
<li>You’ll fill out an application that will have options to choose from for your preferences.</li>
<li>It appears on Hokie Spa and you should get an email saying to check that.</li>
<li>I think you get it in July…not too sure about this one.</li>
</ol>

<p>ok good to know…thanks!</p>