dorms

<p>aite my vt people, just starting this thread early, when do we get forms for dorms? What are the good/bad dorms?</p>

<p>As soon as you get your password for Hokiespa you can sign up online for housing. My son did it last night. It's first come first served, except for theme housing. You don't get to choose a specific dorm. Your choices are only for a smoking or nonsmoking room mate, or a particular person to room with ; coed or single sex ; suite or traditional dorm ; visitation 1,2,3 or 4 ; a single, double or triple room ; or you can apply to theme housing. After you fill everything out it tells you that housing assignments will be posted in July.</p>

<p>hey thank you for the info panvamw, when do I get my password for Hokiespa if i applied for regular decision?</p>

<p>Once you pay your $400 deposit they post it on the web. It took about a week from the time we mailed the check (we're in PA so that was pretty fast), even though they say 2 weeks. It might take longer for regular decision just due to the volume they'll be dealing with at that time. BTW most visitations are a 3 if you look on the housing website, so that choosing a 1,2 or 4 might be a way to narrow down what dorm you get assigned. If you plan to room with a friend you will need to get their student number before signing up. Just curious - is VT your first choice ?</p>

<p>
[quote]
BTW most visitations are a 3 if you look on the housing website, so that choosing a 1,2 or 4 might be a way to narrow down what dorm you get assigned.

[/quote]

What do you mean by this?</p>

<p>And I'm still a little confused between UVA and VT. Of the two colleges, I've only visited VT and liked it so far. After i visit UVA, I'll have a more firm decision on my first choice.</p>

<p>1,2,3, & 4 are visitation hours - when you can have visitors in your room. 1 is the most restricted & 4 is the least. When you are accepted they send a brochure describing all 4, & listing which dorms offer which visitation hours. I think 4 is unlimited. Make sure you visit when students are on campus in order to get the best feel for both schools.</p>

<p>oh ok, thanks for all the info :)</p>

<p>What size are the dorms at oak lane at virginia tech?</p>

<p>As far as visitation goes, that is only enforced in the corps dorms.</p>