Double check your Aug hotel reservations!

<p>We got a call from Expedia yesterday and we were told that our Aug 6th reservation (for graduation) was being canceled because the Tornado recovery people would still be using the rooms at that time. (we had paid for this hotel room (Home-Town Suites) right after the new grad date was set in April!!!)</p>

<p>So…for those of you with hotel reservations in August…find out if yours will be affected as well. </p>

<p>Expedia said that they would try (gag!!!) to put us in a hotel elsewhere for the “same price” but their offering was a crappy motel …and they wanted to charge us the SAME price. </p>

<p>I told Expedia to just credit my acct. I wasn’t going to pay $150 for one night in a crappy motel that is normally like $50 max.</p>

<p>Wow, what a shame! I do feel that when you reserve and pay for a room, you should get one. That happened to us at the Hotel Capstone after the tornado. It was finally resolved but it did take some time.</p>

<p>I hope you get a better room at a different hotel.</p>

<p>Funny you mentioned that, Mom2. I called Home Towne Suites last week to confirm our reservation for move-in, and they had us in the system and I was told we have a room. I booked directly with them back in May. Now you are making me nervous; I will be calling them every other week now to make sure we do have a place to stay!</p>

<p>Just sent an email to make sure our Ambassador Suites room is still reserved. Guess this might warrant a phone call.</p>

<p>You need to ask the specific question of whether it’s possible that Tornado relief people will need to extend their stays which will mean that your room won’t become available.</p>

<p>And…ask to talk to someone who would know such things…and take a name.</p>