Double Major in Political Science & Environmental Studies?

Hi everyone. I’m a current undergrad at UW Madison, and I was hoping to get some opinions on double majoring in Environmental Studies and Political Science. I’m very interested and passionate about both subjects, especially examining how they coincide with developing countries. Do you think this is a good route to go? I want to major in something I love, but I also want a job after college! Thanks!

Discuss this with your advisor. Spend some time looking at the reqs for both majors and see how they can fit into a schedule. Look at jobs available for both majors at the departmental offices. Explore options for majors that yield jobs in your areas of interest. Then you will have your answer for the feasibility and practicality of your plan.

None of us can tell you which path works best for you. The above areas of research for you (over winter break, when you have time and can tweak your spring semester schedule) will help you with your goals.

Are you currently taking an Environmental Studies class? If so, meet with your professor during office hours to talk about your interest and passion for the field and thoughts on combining it with poli sci.

http://news.wisc.edu/24199

Here is a student whose triple major included Environmental Studies. He was recently selected as a Rhodes Scholar.

@nenbe97

@nenbe97 Have you decided to stick with UW and not kept thinking about what could have been at Oberlin + debt?