Dropping a Class

<p>I believe this has been discussed a bit before, but I am still unsure. I’m in calculus this year, and believe I’ve made a huge mistake. I am obviously not ready to take this class and have been struggling all year. I even got a tutor and everything, but I’m still having trouble. I’ll be lucky if I can beg/work hard for a 70% C- at the end of next week after finals. I really do not want to have to worry about this next semester. I want to drop this class. I have already met my school’s math requirements of three years of math. (This is my fourth year of math as a senior) </p>

<p>If I replace this class with an easier math class, will I be okay? Or what if I replace it with an art course? I’m leaning towards taking an easier math class. If I call all the UCs and tell them this, will they still be okay with my app? Ahh!</p>

<p>You need to call them, and its <em>usually</em> OK. But if, for some odd reason, they decline, and you go and drop it anyways, that's not a good position to be in. In addition, if you don't tell them now and they find out after you matriculate to one of them, well, thats grounds for losing your admissions.</p>