Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

Possibly

2 Likes

Over the past 48 hours, Duke has sent out the BSAI invite emails. If you get the emails, it means you got in- functioning similarily to likely letters

It seems that they have all gone out in a pack (according to corraborating posts on reddit)
but a few are still trickling through.

1 Like

What’s BSAI? Thanks.

“Each year since the 1970s, Duke Admissions invites select, first-year, Black prospective students to the Black Student Alliance Invitational Weekend, or BSAI. BSAI Weekend is held every spring to allow around 100 invited prospective students of African descent to visit the campus and be introduced to the Duke experience from Black perspectives. The weekend involves current students hosting invited prospective students via overnight stays and a variety of events and activities that showcase the people, places, and programs available to our Duke students. Experts say, the campus visit is the most critical part of the college search.”(Duke Student Affairs)

4 Likes

Thank you.

The Green means where your mouse clicked at the last time. If you click different schools, a small pop-up window is up and close it by clicking an X mark. Then the school shows the Green. I guess no meaning on the Green :slight_smile:

1 Like

when would these be sent out?

Question: My daughter did not get a BSAI. Doing some research it appears that the RH Scholars went out around the same timeframe in recent years, but it does not seem anyone has heard about those yet. The website says they will be announced with admission decision. We noticed that RH Scholars were also invited to BSAI in the past. Does anyone know if others have gotten both invites in the past? Just wondering and playing the guessing game while we wait.

Hello to all and good luck - do we have a definitive time and date for decision release?

Not yet. It may be the same date/time as the Ivy Leagues, which is March 30, 7:00PM EST.

1 Like

Last year decisions were released on March 31st, which was the final Thursday of the month and was also Ivy day. The year before, they were all a week late because of covid. Decisions were released on the first Thursday in April (April 6), which was also Ivy day. The year before, decisions were released on the last Thursday of the month, March 26th, which was also Ivy day. See where I’m going with this? If you keep going back, you will see the same pattern. This year, from what I see, March 30th is showing as Ivy Day, and it is the last Thursday of the month. (Brown’s website clearly indicates decisions will be released March 30th). So, I would say odds are pretty good that it will be Thursday March 30th.

4 Likes

Last year it was Ivy Day. The year before(when everything was covid-delayed, spring 2021) Duke was Monday April 5th at 7pm , with Ivy Day TUESDAY April 6th. I have a Duke2025 kid, so I definitely remember plus I went back and double checked the old threads.
I do agree will probably be Ivy Day again this year. 2021 was an outlier.

2 Likes

Oops, sorry about that, I don’t know what I looked at for 2021, but obviously I looked at the wrong calendar year when I came up with April 6th as a Thursday. But, I did note that 2021 was an off year due to Covid.
Just for additional info for those waiting, 2018 was Thursday 3/29 and 2019 was Thursday 3/28. So, 4 of the last 5 years were the final Thursday of March and also coincided with Ivy Day. This year the final Thursday in March is March 30th. I went through this last year and based on basically every date that I could find with the exception of 2021 being the final Thursday, I told my daughter to expect a decision on 3/31 and that is when she received it. Now she is a very happy Duke2026 kid. Good luck!

2 Likes

Congratulations on their acceptances, that’s amazing! would you mind sharing their stats?

1 Like

Glad she loves Duke! it is a special place, for sure! The opportunities have been phenomenal for mine. Don’t know if we will have a '27 or not but it sure would be a fantastic option !

Here’s kind of a quick summary:
Ranked in the top 10 of over 725 students (7), in a good public school
GPA: 4.0 unweighted - 5.7/5 weighted
SAT: 1520 (760/760), 1540 Superscore (760M/780E)
National Merit Commended
15 AP classes (mostly 4s and 5s) (not that she can really use any of them at Duke)
AP Scholar with Distinction, AP Scholar with Honor, AP Capstone Diploma
National Honor Society as well as Math, Science, English and History National Honor Societies
EC: non-school EC, received some local and regional awards, advanced to National levels once, accepted into highly competitive summer programs every year, received multiple scholarship offers for summer programs
outside EC was typically 20 hours a week, but could be as much as 40 hrs/wk - so she didn’t have a lot of extra time beyond that
Not a lot of school ECs - a couple of clubs
Did a lot of community service/outreach type activities through her external EC

3 Likes

Anyone heard anything about merit scholar finalists?

Thanks for sharing the stats.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, concluded that slate stuff isn’t indicative of anything at all. D23 was admitted to a safety yesterday with merit full ride but slate still shows “complete” with last update on 03/06.

5 Likes

Did anyone’s financial aid checklist update a few days ago? Ours has new dates of 3/14 for everything except the FAFSA and CSS.

2 Likes