Duke Class of 2027 Official Thread

I don’t think green has any significance. All schools are showing green for us. But the text “current decision” is interesting as we don’t see that.
Slate astrology now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine is also green but where yours says “Current Decision” mine just says “Applicant”

1 Like

Mine too, just says Applicant. For colleges for which acceptances have come in, I see these “statuses” Decision Released/Decided/Complete. 3 different statuses for three different accepted colleges. Duke says Applicant. Two colleges where we have not received decision yet say Complete. Is that a good sign??? And not colleges he has applied are in the list. They do not take part in slate?

We have “Current Decision” for Duke as well.
Anyone has colleges in the “In Progress” column? We have Penn, Pomona, USC in progress.

1 Like

Im pretty sure they can just pull them from IDOC…

Idk i just think is super suspicious that all this slate stuff is coming out. Where was this stuff during the ED/REA/EA application time period? tbh I’m kind of scared it might flag my application for tampering / hacking.

I did not apply to Penn or USC, but I also have Pomona in that column along with 2 other schools. I think I’ve decided to stay off slate. I was curious because I had never heard of it before but I don’t think it’s that helpful and to be honest the portal astrology stuff just kinda increases my anxiety.

3 Likes

Does Slate have to do with financial aid or is it possible to make an account if you are not applying for financial aid?

You cannot tamper with applications (or view actual decisions) in Slate. It can redirect you to the corresponding Applicant Portals for that. :slight_smile:

UPenn is in Progress

1 Like

Per Oregon state university, this has been use since 2021

Slate Implementation | Enrollment Management | Oregon State University.

1 Like

So it looks like having those extra docs doesn’t mean anything as almost everyone has them :slight_smile: thanks for taking the quick poll.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the green dot next to a school means in Slate.

1 Like

The vote was again biased I guess. As far as I know, Duke doesn’t ask all applicants for IDOC. I am an intl and have Duke listed as the institution requesting doc. Well that said, it might mean nothing tbh.

2 Likes

Exactly that’s what I said earlier. This Slate stuff just seems so fake and suspicious. What if this website is just fishing for students’ or families’ login info ? Plus there is NO WAY the colleges don’t know students are looking at this stuff.

1 Like

No, I disagree, Its what my counsellor uses to communicate with some of my American uni’s. There is a part of the website only accessible to students and likewise with counsellors. They do know we have access to it seeing as there’s no reason as to why one shouldn’t be allowed to :))
Should be safe!

2 Likes

its not fake…how else would slate know where a child applied

ours says current decision too for Duke

1 Like

Will be curious if those with current decisions get likely letters

2 Likes

Download The College Admissions Process Podcast, episode #86, Duke University - Christoph Guttentag, Dean of Admissions, and listen to his answers regarding decisions. Sounds like nothing is final until they release RD decisions.

1 Like