EA Decisions (Class of 2018)

<p>If you care to share your decision, please post in this thread.</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted</p>

<p>-ACT: 30
-GPA (UW): 3.9
-SAT II: US History- 550, Biology E- 620, Literature- 680 (not included in application)
-A.P.: English Lang & Comp (4), U.S. History (3), Calculus AB, Environmental Science, English Lit, Comparative Gov, U.S. Gov
-Awards: Spirit of Detroit Award from City Council of Detroit (not included in application), Certificate of Recognition from County Board of Commissioners (not included in application), Outstanding Junior Scholar from my school</p>

<p>-Extracurriculars: Senior Class President, Students for World Awareness President, Big Pals/Little Pals Mentor, Envirothon (2nd place in state), Varsity Tennis, Musical Theater, went on a Civil Rights trip with students from inner-city Detroit, own and operate a book review website which has gained international recognition, National Honor Society
-Work Experience: Busser in a fine dining restaurant, had internships with two book publishing companies, worked in local cafes during previous summers
-Essays: Excellent. Writing is a strong suit of mine. I also have a private adviser who gives me feedback on my essays.
-Teacher Recommendations: I have a feeling they were pretty outstanding.
-Counselor Recommendation: She loves me, so I'm sure it was excellent.
-Interview: N/A</p>

<p>-State: Michigan (rural)
-School Type: Public
-Ethnicity: Caucasian
-Income Bracket: Middle class
-Hooks: From a rural area, from the midwest, my book review/publishing success, first generation </p>

<p>L&C was my first college acceptance!</p>

<p>My daughter was accepted with Dean’s Scholarship ($15,000) renewable per year. Her ACT was 30, GPA unweighted 3.8, weighted 4.18. Lots of theater and choir. We are from Chicago suburbs. She visited earlier this year and loved it!</p>