Early Action ACT deadline

Hi there! I just applied for early action admission on 10/26/16 through the Common App. In my application I stated my intent to retake the ACT on the upcoming December 10th test date. Does anyone know if it is possible that my score would be considered into my early action admission decision? Based on UW-Madison’s website I am assuming it will not but I just wanted to make sure. Also does anyone know when financial aid package estimates will be released this year?

Don’t expect a financial aid package to be released until next spring. What is your FAFSA EFC?

@Madison85 My FAFSA EFC is $571. Do have any information on my question about retaking the ACT?

What’s your current ACT and GPA and are you a Wisconsin resident? An underrepresented minority?

26 ACT and 3.73 GPA. I am from Iowa and a caucasian girl with divorced parents.

My GPA increased from 3.38 my sophomore year to 4.14 my junior year. @Madison85

What’s your unweighted GPA?

If your admission decision by the end of January is “defer” then you can submit additional materials for consideration.

According to the net price calculator, your estimated financial aid package consists of $14k in grants, $10.6k in loans and work study, with the remaining amount of $24k to come from other sources you find.

Did you apply to any affordable schools?

How much can your parents pay each year for 4 years?

@audrella, from the admissions website:

“To assure consideration in our Early Action competition, students are encouraged to take the ACT or SAT no later than the end of September. For consideration in our Regular Decision competition, students are encouraged to take their test no later than the end of December.”

So it’s what @madison85 is saying - if you are postponed to the regular pool, go ahead and submit that Dec. SAT score. It’s likely way too late a test date to be considered for the EA decision itself.

@Madison85 3.7 after this past quarter. I applied to 5 other schools, one of which is in my own state so I do have some back ups. UW-Madison is just my first choice if it is possible. I am not exactly sure how much my parents can pay however we are splitting the cost three ways between us I know.

It’s important to apply to a financial safety. If you don’t know how much each of your parents can afford to pay each year for 4 years, then it’s difficult to know if you have a financial safety on your list.

@audrella does that $571 EFC reflect your parents separate contributions? Or did you not include their financial information?

@JBStillFlying The $591 is my overall EFC. My parents are divorced so FAFSA only goes off of my mom’s income however my dad will still help pay for my college. So basically we are just splitting whatever the remaining cost is after financial aid and scholarships three ways.

Your parents will each pay 1/3rd but how can you pay for the final 1/3rd?

@Madison85 My job