Early Action Notification Date

<p>Does anyone know when EA applicants are notified?</p>

<p>My Son got his acceptance letter in the mail around January 20th last year.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>My name is Rob and I’m a Binghamton University Student Ambassador.</p>

<p>The decision date for freshman early action applications for Fall 2013 is by January 15th. You should be given your decision by that date.</p>

<p>Please let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your application!</p>

<p>Sincerely,
Rob Clark</p>

<p>Two years ago, I got mine a day or two before Christmas, but I got my app in really early.</p>

<p>How did you get your acceptance by email followed by a form letter?</p>

<p>I got a letter in the mail and an email a few days later.</p>

<p>Hi BingUStudent (Rob),</p>

<p>My question is when do the first letters go out? I know that students receive their decisions by January 15th, but when do the first accepted students receive their letters? I am realizing that when schools say BY a certain date some schools mean that all students hear on that date and not a minute before and some mean that most students here earlier and that the date given is the absolute latest they will hear. Just wondering about Binghamton…</p>

<p>I am not Ron but maybe I can answer your question since my Son was in your shoes last year.
It seems as if most of all the early accepted students who were accepted were notified by the date specified. The kids who were waiting a bit longer seemed to be deferred. You should look back at this time last year and read the posts to see the trend. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>Hi MCwald,</p>

<p>When I applied early action, I got my Early Action acceptance around the beginning of January. It was around a week earlier than the deadline. I sent my application in very early. I know that Binghamton does send out decisions before the final decision date sometimes, but I can’t be sure if that will happen this year considering how many applications were received later than usual due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy.</p>

<p>Good luck with your application!</p>

<p>Sincerely,
Rob</p>

<p>Hi Rob,</p>

<p>I have a question that also may pertain to other CCer’s. My son applied EA at the end of October – pre hurricane Sandy. YESTERDAY, he received an email from Binghamton that said: '</p>

<p>Thank you! Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions
Committee. You do not need to submit any additional materials." </p>

<p>Does that mean that his application went into review yesterday and that he should be hearing shortly?</p>

<p>Binghamton has has all of his application materials since October, so I cannot understand why they would notify him YESTERDAY that his file was complete unless they were also trying to tell him that at this time his application is being reviewed. </p>

<p>So, what I’m asking is what does this email mean and why notify him 2 months after the final submission of all materials? </p>

<p>BTW, did anyone else get an email like this?</p>

<p>MCwald, I got the same email yesterday and I also sent in my application in mid October. The deadline for all materials to be in for early action was Dec. 17, so I think this email was just confirming that all your materials are in and they are ready to make a decision. I’m not positive but that is my guess.</p>

<p>mcwald- i sent my application in second week of october and also just received this email</p>

<p>My son also received the same email & he sent his app pre-sandy as well & was curious as to why now. My other question is what does “Application Preference 1” mean on the application summery online?</p>

<p>They’ve had all my stuff since late October and I haven’t gotten anything…</p>

<p>Wait nevermind, I actually did get an email.</p>

<p>It looks like they’re sticking to the Jan. 15th date for EA notification.</p>

<p>I got that same email, and sent in my application before Sandy.</p>

<p>I’m also from new jersey</p>

<p>Will athletes hear earlier? Sent application in around first week in October and haven’t got the email that everybody else received.</p>

<p>Got the same e-mail on Dec 20. App package was in Oct 13.</p>

<p>I have a question, if we did not apply for EA, but we managed to get everything in before the Early Action deadline, is it still counted as RD and does that mean we will not be getting our results by January 15th?</p>

<p>Nope^ RD applicants get their decisions later on</p>