Early action, will it improve my chances for TCU?

<p>Will applying early action to TCU improve my chances of being accepted? </p>

<p>i have between a 3.2-3.4 gpa. scored a 1450 on the SAT. im in the top second quarter of my class. i have taken a few ap and honors courses. my extra curricular include:raised 2 animals for the county fair. being part of the FFA(3yrs) and AVID(1yr) club. iv done track for 3 years and cross country for 2. iv participated in a couple local races. i have about 100 volunteer hours. also i have currently started working in a pet hospital(3 months ago). These are my current academic standings and also extracurricular activities. i plan to retake the sat in october and sending those to TCU asap.</p>

<p>my question is.. based off this information, might applying as early action benefit me or hurt my chances? because i know most EA applicants have high academic standings.
should i just wait for regular admission to add more to my resume and improve my academic standings?</p>

<p>anyone? its a yes or no answer pls</p>

<p>HI SLCoug. I don’t have specific information to offer you, but I do have a suggestion re this post. You will probably get much more attention if you post it to the Parents Forum.
There are so many people who do a great job helping out students–who have been through this with their own kids. I’d definitely try that. I’m not sure the TCU thread gets a lot of love on this discussion board. However, the Parents Forum is extremely active and the quality of the advice you will get there will be excellent.</p>

<p>My own advice on this topic is that I almost always think it’s a good idea to apply early especially if there aren’t any strings attached to doing it (ie, that it limits you from applying to other schools, etc). You can always send in the updated SAT scores when you get them if that’s your only reason for waiting.</p>

<p>^I agree with curiouser. If you are prepared to apply early, then Early Action is almost always a good idea. One exception I can think of is if a student thinks his/her class rank, grades, or SAT/ACT scores will be coming up fairly significantly before Regular Decision due dates. If a student’s application will look significantly better by waiting a little longer to apply, then waiting would be a good idea. Otherwise, in general, at most schools, I think Early Action is wise.</p>

<p>Hello everyone, this is my first post ever on this website.
Like many others, i’m going through the college admissions process, and so far TCU has been my number one choice.
I’m from the State of Louisiana where i attend the top high school in the state and also nationaly ranked.</p>

<p>My grades aren’t spectacular: partying and “having fun” my sophomore and junior ruined my chances of much better stats, but i believe i’ve matured and that phase is past me… I regret the last two years of my life and have written an essay explaining that phase of my life and where I am now.</p>

<p>GPA: core 3.0… First quarter of senior year- 3.71 (taking all basics)
ACT: 29 Composite (looking to get the 30)</p>

<p>E.C.: 4 year intramerial sports, 2 years of peer support, 3 years baseball, 2 years of cheerleading, 2 years of student government… 125+ hours communiy service working in hospitals with heart attack patients.</p>

<p>Work: weekends in my mother’s bail bonding office… will recieve my own bonding license in upcoming months (passed state test) also work in an Italian restaurant bussing tables, blah blah…</p>

<p>DO i have a legitimate shot of TCU admissions? Other’s help would give me peace of mind wether it be a yes or no… </p>

<p>Thank You All.</p>

<p>■■■■ this post bro. make your own thread</p>