Early Move-In Question

<p>My D is moving in 8/11. From what we were told, I pull my truck up and someone gets the bins/etc… unloaded and then I pull the car away and wait. What happens after this? Do I park somewhere else and go up to the room and help? How long do I have? Also, since she is doing Alabama Action, does this mean Saturday is my only day with her? She will be gone all week, right? Feeling a bit confused and overwhelmed.</p>

<p>^^^ No reason to worry! You will be amazed at the efficiency of the UA move in process. Yes, you will drive right up and the volunteers will unload your car and take your D’s things to her room. Yes, you then take your car to a parking lot close by. A bus will bring you back to the dorm and then you can go up to the room to begin assisting your D getting settled. As for AA activities, my D was in AA last year, and the “kickoff” activities for AA did not begin until about 4:00 PM on Sunday afternoon, so you’ll really have most of the day Sunday to be with your D as well. Good luck and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>If D has her car, and also has a permit to park in the yellow zone, will she be able to go park in the Ridgecrest South deck after the car is unloaded, or are there special parking rules during move-in that would prohibit that?</p>

<p>Students with cars can park where their permits allow. Actually, I was also able to park in the Ferg parking structure later in the day as we were running errands to Target, Home Depot, etc., but initially during the move in itself, the lots across the street from Publix were used for all the overflow parking (parents) and the air conditioned buses were MOST welcome!</p>

<p>teamhoward - Thanks for starting this post. Youa re not alone in feeling abit overwhelmed.</p>

<p>Dad2ILD - Thanks for your response. It answered a lot of my questions. I thought I wouldn’t have any time with my son on Sunday before AA starts.</p>

<p>Good thread and answers – We will be moving my D in for AA also, but she is actually off-campus; </p>

<p>We are trying to nail down meet times/locations for AA etc. She will be driving in and parking (in assigned spot) for AA.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info. I feel a WHOLE LOT BETTER about the situation now.</p>