East Carolina Scholars impacted by Legacy

Hello! My husband and I are both graduates of East Carolina University. Our daughter just applied hoping to see if she gets into the Scholars program. Does anyone know if Legacy will give her an edge? I am asking because I know they say they don’t consider alumni but I have a friend who I went to college with there and she currently has ALL THREE of her children in the Scholars program at the honors college. So that leads me to believe that maybe Legacy does play a roll. I would love to hear your insight on this.

https://ipar.ecu.edu/wp-content/pv-uploads/sites/130/2019/10/CDS_2021-2022_Final.pdf section C7 says that alumni/ae relation is considered in admission.

This does not necessarily mean the same for special programs.

Perhaps her three kids simply outperform and are there of their own doing!!

What are her stats like?
Legacy does not matter for honors.

@Kef1975 welcome to CC! Good luck to your daughter on her journey.

I would think it would help if you are a major donor?!?! Otherwise, it is not a differentiating factor as many applicants may have legacy connections.

One other thought and this is purely my conjecture. A competitive factor may be someone who is not totally enamored with ECU and is a competitive candidate for other sought-after universities. Otherwise, that student would attend ECU regardless of incentives.

@Kef1975 any news? I have seen students sharing their news